Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
As a Program Manager in Cloud and Information Services (CIS), you will join a group of dynamic and motivated professionals who serve as Business Relationship Managers (BRM) for the business units within SAS. The BRMs act as trusted advisors in the effective use of technology at SAS. They drive technical innovation within the business and ensure alignment between business and CIS strategic plans. This specific role will focus on our Education and Consulting business units.
What you’ll do
- Act as a senior-level business partner to provide strategic counsel to internal SAS business units.
- Identify and influence key executive stakeholders both within the business unit and CIS.
- Ensure CIS can meet SAS business need with an appropriate catalog of services
- Partner with business and CIS leaders to identify new joint initiatives and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Build business cases for new solutions with clear ROI and alignment to corporate goals. Guide business and CIS during ramp-up and transition to delivery teams for execution.
- Act as a change agent to drive digital transformation within the business.
- Partner with Enterprise Architects to develop technical roadmaps for their business units.
- Conduct periodic Business Reviews with business units to share CIS deliveries, adjust technical roadmaps and assess customer satisfaction with CIS services.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned business areas, their processes, data and systems, including industry best practices for the business function. For this specific position, that includes Education and Consulting.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- You have a proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively at the VP and C-level.
- You act on ambiguous ideas and stand-up new services with successful outcomes.
- You have experience with one or more of the following – Consulting Operations and related systems (e.g. Professional Services Automation, Project Accounting, etc), Education Operations and related systems (e.g. Learning Management Solutions, eCommerce solutions) and/or other related Enterprise solutions to support the sale and support of Education and Consulting services.
- You have working knowledge of system software design in areas such as application development, programming languages and platforms, integrations, security, performance, storage, and cloud-computing environments.
- You have excellent analysis, negotiation, collaboration, facilitation, and presentation skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience.
- You bring global business perspective and expertise
- Typically requires at least eight years of transferrable professional experience
- Geographic location in Cary, NC
The nice to haves
- Familiarity with IT Service Management processes and procedures.
- Experience with assessment, selection and on-going management of third-party vendors.
- Experience with vendor selection from idea through RFP and purchase.
- Ability to stay connected to external market trends and map to internal business processes.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to resolve problems independently and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to present concepts and strategies in a way that influences adoption.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and produce high results with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational and decision-making skills.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.