Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems using SAS? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your analytic skills across a wide variety of industries? The Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL) within SAS US Professional Services is seeking talented individuals to help our customers bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they need.
As a member of the AAL, you will support customer analytic business needs through requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
Your duties will include: analyzing large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency, translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, and presenting results. Additionally, your duties will include automating analytic processes, developing and enhancing custom software tools, assisting in quality assurance efforts for all AAL projects, and other duties as assigned.
What you'll do
- Provides statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translates customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conducts customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of Base SAS software/SAS STAT/SAS OR procedures.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as analytical lead for services that contain a statistical/analytical components.
- Meets with onsite consulting clients and prospective clients while providing leadership to analytical team.
- Assists in the estimation and development of the scopes for consulting projects.
- May participate in in-house corporate training sessions containing statistical sessions for SAS training courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with and instruct people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Deep knowledge of SAS analytical offerings and ability to put code into production systems.
- Strong aptitude with at least two (2) operating systems supported by SAS software.
- Travels as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
What we're looking for
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, or closely related field with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics preferably using the SAS system.
- Typically, requires a minimum of two years’ experience analyzing data and/or teaching, including at least one (1) year using the SAS system. Relevant experience in an industry, specifically in transportation, a plus.
- Consulting, public speaking, or classroom teaching experience also preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, relevant experience, and training may be considered. Significant barriers to entry (e.g., top management review, approval) exist at principal and advisory levels.
- Location: Cary, NC HQ highly preferred, but flexible for the right background.
Preferred experience, skills and education:
- 2+ years' of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting.
- Previous experience within the fraud or financial sector.
- Experience with analytic approaches related to fraud detection.
- Experience with open source programming.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead meetings with both clients and prospective clients.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.