As a Medicaid Business Analyst, you will support the business process analysis and requirements gathering to ensure effective implementation of SAS Solutions supporting the Medicaid Enterprise Systems. This support will include both capturing and documenting customer’s business process model, identifying, refining and documenting requirements, ensuring operational efficiently and increased customer satisfaction.
You will provide subject matter expertise both internally to the Medicaid Practice Team and externally to the customers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make vision a reality. You must possess strong industry knowledge, understand customer problems and be able to offer insight and innovative solution to establish trusted partner relationship. Also, you must be able to communicate to all areas of the company. and may be asked to travel occasionally.
What you'll do
- Lead the customer through steps of SDLC associated with the delivery of SAS solutions; Requirements, Design, Development, System Test, User Acceptance Test and Operations:
- Collect technical specifications that must be consolidated into cohesive documentation that is both accurate and easy to understand.
- Identify and document business processes and data flows.
- Identify and document detailed business requirements related to the business processes.
- Document gap analysis and assist with the development of project artifacts, including test plans.
- Support the development of procurement documents, including the RFP.
- Coordinate necessary meetings to determine business requirements.
- Document requirements traceability.
- Participate in user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for facilitating customer Requirement Analysis Sessions (RAS) and is responsible for capturing and documenting customer business process models (BPM).
- Acts as a representative from the business area and to identify and refine their requirements for information, informing the creation of a warehouse data model.
- Interacts with functional users and data stewards/SME to ensure that all the proper questions have been identified and answered satisfactorily.
- Clarify issues relating to scope and business requirements for project team (including technical implementation team, project management and client management).
- Assists Quality Assurance team with development, execution, and documentation of test cases.
- Works to identify and document data quality issues.
- Assists Data Modelers and Data Analysts in assuring requirements are traceable between the source data and target tables/entities in the respective data models.
- Leads RAS sessions with clients.
- Works with Implementation and Development leads to translate and map business requirements to technical requirements/specifications.
- Defines scope of work for work proposed to meet business requirements.
- Define business requirements for change requests, investigate issues/defects and define remediation requirements.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience with healthcare data and analytics
- 2+ years of experience with Medicaid data and analytics.
- Prior implementation of EDW, PI, other solutions to support MES.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients' needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to take initiative and work independently or as a member of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building, ability to collaborate and build consensus.
- Desire to continue learning more about healthcare and the technologies supporting healthcare data.
- Strong presenter, comfortable presenting in front of customers, conveying status, answering Q&A.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to guide audience through written or verbal communications.
- Travel: this position may require travel to customer sites (up to 20%).
- Location: Cary, HQ preferred, but open on location for the right candidate.
Preferred experience, skills and education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration, Economics, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics OR related field or equivalent experience required
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.