Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The Cloud Technical Account Manager (CTAM) is part of a team of specialized Managed Services professionals who work with customers to ensure that SAS solutions meet and evolve with their business needs. CTAMs possess knowledge of unique customer technical environments, industry best practices, and current and future SAS solutions. CTAMs work closely with an extended network of SAS professionals in Product Management, Research and Development, Technical Support, and Professional Services in support of their customers. CTAMs own the SAS Cloud Customer Experience and are responsible for ensuring that customers can achieve their desired business outcomes from their SAS investment.
- Champion and advocate for the customer experience (voice of the customer).
- Provide real-time and on-demand management of assigned enterprise accounts to ensure customers can meet their business goals by leveraging SAS technologies.
- Build Customer Success Plans based on customer defined business outcomes, quantifying the customer business benefits and/or outcomes associated with the use of SAS software and services.
- Serve as a ‘connector’ to ensure that cross-functional teams across SAS are engaged and delivering to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and drive customer renewals, growing accounts organically, by identifying opportunities for growth and driving these opportunities with the sales team.
- Undertake discovery and education activities to identify opportunities to increase SAS usage across customer functions and processes
- Own and is accountable for customer Service Level Agreements, including critical situation management which may occur outside of normal business hours
- Conduct regular service health checkpoints with the customer to ensure that customers are achieving their desired outcomes.
- Proactively provide immediate attention and escalation for urgent issues or concerns
- Provide expertise in ITIL Incident, Problem, and Change processes to manage customer service delivery and support
- Collaborate on technical issues with SAS Managed Application Services teams to drive issue resolution, ensuring root cause analysis and corrective action
- Manage customer budget to ensure profit margins are met
- Identify and implements process improvements based on a data driven approach
- Lead and facilitate activities that monitor and measure hosting capacity and overall performance; puts forward recommendations for change that maintain optimal hosting and application performance
What we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of experience in technical account management, customer success management, consulting, or customer experience
- Experience with SaaS /Cloud Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- Understanding of multi-tiered application architecture and configuration.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Gegraphic location in Cary, NC preferred; geographic location in United States required.
Other knowledge skills, and abilities
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations, support, R&D and product management organizations
- Proficiency in process formulation and process improvement
- Strong customer experience focus, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to set priorities and deliver objectives without the need of day-to-day supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience.
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple workstreams /demands simultaneously while adapting to constantly changing requirements.
- Ability to focus on Customer/business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Passionate about customer service and acts with immediacy and urgency
- Experience with Service Level Management
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.