As Director, Global & Regional Account Services, you will provide strategic and business leadership globally for Regional Accounting Service Centers (record-to-report, procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, project accounting) and Global Accounting Services (payroll, fixed assets, expense processing).
In this role, you will report to the VP Finance - Operations, Governance & Technology. The role will interface with Finance and Executive Leadership teams to set direction, drive efficiency gains and ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance in the operation of shared-services responsibilities while achieving cost optimization. As part of the overall establishment of service centers, you will work on all aspects of the project, from requirement, configuration, staffing, testing, and training, to go-live.
- Be responsible for the output and quality of all financial transactional services provided by the Service Centers to key internal and external customers (including customers, suppliers, employees, senior management, regulatory bodies, etc.).
- Work with the leadership team and finance functions on the vision for improving and expanding finance transactional service centers and lead execution of that vision.
- Effectively lead multiple groups within the Service Center organization.
- Maintain a strong focus on best-in-class execution, process improvements, and delivery of effective customer service and short-term results while progressing the long-term vision.
- Maintain an understanding of existing policies, processes, and systems with a focus on simplifying, standardizing and implementing best practices while further leveraging technology as an enabler.
- Ensure adherence to established accounting practices, financial controls, and compliance as it relates to transactions processed by the various shared services functions. Drive improvements in the internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure.
- Oversee and deliver effective talent management for financial accounting service functions, including attracting, developing, and retaining diverse talent.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third-party financial systems and services personnel, and interface effectively with internal and external customers, auditors and other parties.
- Analyze processes and recommend both process and system changes, and work in close partnership with IT, Operations and the appropriate service center group.
- Review processes identified by management as key operational pain points, work with the respective departments, and propose enhancement for automation or efficiency.
- Develop and document requirements when implementing new processes and systems that affect the department.
- Act as business liaison for IT projects on selected initiatives.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in commercial Finance or Controllership functions at medium/large companies, with international operational experience in leading a multi-country service delivery operation.
- Minimum of 9 years of leadership experience in a multi-national finance organization, preferably one supporting software/services, in a shared service-focused position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant designation required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience in managing global financial transactional business services or shared services, process improvement and management of operational services delivery in Finance.
- Strong technology focus and financial systems and process improvement acumen.
- Demonstrated comfort level in building partnerships, driving improvement, and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Excellent Communications skills and the ability to effectively engage with key stakeholders.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to think analytically, distill root cause and implement effective solutions and to drill into the details when required.
- Understanding of dependent upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance.
- Developer of talent – Attracts, develops, engages and retains the best talent for the organization helping to attain both associate career goals and the organization’s goals. Ability to mentor staff.
- Change management leadership – Implements needed change while maintaining organizational cohesiveness and meeting near-term operational goals.
- Knowledge of accounting / integrated ERP systems (Oracle Cloud ERP experience a strong plus) and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Big 4 / Public Accounting experience a plus.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.