Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
As a Manager, Customer Analytics in the Customer Intelligence R&D division at SAS, you will lead and direct the activities of analytical experts responsible for producing software for the SAS Customer Intelligence 360 analytics-based business applications.
What you’ll do
- Supervise the research and selection of appropriate analytical techniques and computational algorithms for specific analytical methods.
- Develop, organize, prioritize, and assign objectives and responsibilities consistent with department, division, and corporate goals.
- Provide leadership within an analytics R&D group or department by guiding and reviewing code design, programming, testing, documentation, and presentations, in accordance with established R&D practices and procedures.
- Advance the Company’s leadership position in the market for analytical software by understanding customer requirements and needs for specific analytical methods.
- Advocate for the adoption of best practices and continuous improvement throughout the software lifecycle.
- Manage and prioritize development projects and regularly communicate project status with upper management.
- Collaborate with other technical managers to ensure quality and consistency among software components and products.
- Manage aspects of the department including teamwork, performance management, feedback, and professional growth through collaboration with Human Resources, Education, and Executive Leadership at SAS.
- Help establish relationships with key customers and the professional community by giving technical presentations.
- Ensure R&D standards and guidelines are followed per established criteria, including adoption of the appropriate technology and architecture standards.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Advanced Analytics, or a related quantitative field.
- 8+ years of related programming or testing experience, including one year of project lead, supervisory, or management experience.
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Base SAS, Python, and Java.
The nice to haves
- Additional education in Computer Science or a related quantitative field of study.
- SAS Viya and CAS.
- VDMML, Intelligent Decisioning, AI and Machine Learning.
- SAAS and Multi-tenant systems.
- AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to create a culture of trust.
- Proactively confront difficult issues.
- Identifying and leveraging opportunities to accelerate results and build capability by assigning tasks and decision-making responsibilities to individuals or teams with clear boundaries, expectations, support, and follow-up.
- Motivating individuals toward higher levels of performance that are aligned with the organization’s vision and values.
- Driving organizational and cultural changes needed to achieve strategic objectives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services; helping others overcome resistance to change.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
This position will be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.