Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
As a Manager, Core Services in the Customer Intelligence R&D division at SAS, you will be responsible for the management and prioritization of Customer Intelligence 360 software development projects and resources to ensure the achievement of department, division, and corporate objectives.
What you’ll do
- Organize, develop, prioritize and assign resources to deliver high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines, while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Lead development project designs and enforce technical standards to ensure solutions execute correctly across various supported environments (browsers, devices, operating systems).
- Proactively lead and solicit the involvement of other project stakeholders (managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Manage and lead project scoping and scheduling; track progress of individual tasks and alert executive management and stakeholders of concerns meeting schedules, while following established R&D standards.
- Manage product quality standards by ensuring functional, unit and performance testing is comprehensive and thorough; work closely with development and testing teams to verify test plans. Organize, prioritize, and assign resources to implement and resolve code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintain accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Ensure the veracity of design and technical documentation to satisfy both internal and external consumers.
- Contribute to product or project direction through collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customers, and others within SAS.
- Provide technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Manage all aspects of the department including teamwork, performance management, feedback, professional growth through collaboration with SAS human resources, SAS education, and executive leadership.
- Be responsible for tactical management of CI 360 Core Services functional area of Customer Intelligence 360 Solution.
- Work with senior management to develop, prioritize, and assign project objectives and responsibilities to individual resources.
- Mentor, train, and manage the daily activities of the team.
- Collaborate with product marketing, management, and others to refine product/project direction.
- Engage with upper management in major decisions and complex issues.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 8+ years of related programming or testing experience, including one year of project lead, supervisory, or management experience.
- Knowledge in Java, microservices architecture, CI/CD, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and related development tools, procedures, and methodologies.
- Knowledge in AWS, Azure, or other cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of REST API standards, SaaS, and Multi-tenant systems.
The nice to haves
- SAS Viya and CAS knowledge.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate goals to employees.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to lead projects and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS products and their applications.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
This position will be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.