The Customer Advisor, Support and Enablement Services organization (“CASES”) is responsible for supporting SAS’s strategic pillars and growth levers by focusing on deepening client partnerships – across all client types and sizes. The CASES team leads and consults on client-centered solutions around SAS capabilities and differentiation. Performs client proposals/pitches, and deal-related process-improvement leadership, all to drive continued growth and success.
The position is a manager role within the commercial healthcare sector, reports to a Sr. Director and can be based remotely with a preference for the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area.
Key differentiators for this leadership role in addition to the job responsibilities below:
- 5-8 years of healthcare industry expertise as it relates to business needs and market drivers for providers, payers and health plans.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Hires, develops and retains pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assigns areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of SAS technology and solution- messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Ensures adherence to sales plans and strategies. Assist in preparation of sales proposals, RFP and RFI responses as needed.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies, and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives, referring to leadership on major issues.
- Analyzes cost and effort of pre-sales support.
- Supports and reinforces best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies and consistency across the team.
- Works with sales management to fully qualify and manage the delivery of pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value engagements.
- Creates with customer a business case on SAS technology & solutions and calculates value for the customer
- Follows news/trends of SAS market to execute /fit SAS solutions and technology with business focus. (campaigns, sales initiatives…)
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administers all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining sales support best practices with emphasis on proven methodologies to drive new sales revenue.
- Oversees commercial healthcare sector pre- and post-sales solution strategy and technical architecture.
- Establishes audience with executive level contacts.
- Coordination of SAS activities with external customers, customer relationship events, and securing references.
- Helps identify and communicate approaches to improve SAS offerings and internal processes to meet new requirements.
- Aptitude for Conceptual Thinking – Able to develop frameworks to organize fragmented information; Quickly comprehends various products/services and how they add value for clients; Adept at identifying relevant connections between disparate ideas (i.e. “connecting the dots”)
- Problem Solving – Uses creativity and resourcefulness to identify solutions and opportunities
- Analytical Thinking - Adept at designing and executing analyses to address business problems/questions/needs; applies analytical logic and deductive reasoning; ability to tell a story with numbers and draw out actionable insights
- Lead change and generate new ideas – Pursue bold ideas, challenge status quo and generate high-impact ideas for the business function
- Collaboration – Modeler of collaboration and influence; demonstrates an impulse to help the people they work with
- Interpersonal Skills – Strong social judgment; adept at developing relationships
- Personal Accountability – exceptional personal accountability and the highest ethical standards
- Personal Presence – Projects confidence; composed under pressure
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.