SAS has an opening for a Pre-Sales Solutions Architect to support our Government Division. In this role you will provide technical assistance for both software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of technology, products, solutions and any relevant industry domain. You will ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provide thought leadership focusing on value-based design through the creation and adoption of SAS solutions to address customer problems and challenges. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of establishing SAS as a credible partner with its Government customers and partners. Possesses a strong knowledge of cloud, data science, and technology from SAS and/or open source platforms. Showcases ability to relate customer challenges and technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs. You will collaborate with account teams to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepare, and present software demonstrations.
Location: Prefence for candidates based in the Northeast/East Coast.
- Collaborate with sales team to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction, adoption and growth.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops & maintains familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and related technologies.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of SAS products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Utilizes current SAS strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
- Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry or market segments or in-depth knowledge of a specific area of industry expertise.
- Experienced to Advanced knowledge of SAS System tools. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, or other related field.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud and data science technology and architecture.
- Hands-on experience with SAS, Python, R, or other open source or cloud technologies.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Travel as business requirements dictate (approximately 25%).
- 5+ years in technical marketing, technical support, information systems, or a related area of expertise including three years of programming in an open source language or developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by SAS.
- Experience using SAS’ products.
- Experience working within or with a Government agency.
- Cloud & supporting technology knowledge.
- Aptitude to pick up new technologies quickly.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.