As an Account Executive at SAS, you'll be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts within the Energy (
Utilities/Oil & Gas) business unit.
- Northeast; Cary, NC also considered.
What you'll do
- Sell software and services to current and prospective customers; acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Build SAS Brand and technology footprint within existing Customer Accounts through networking, referrals, leveraging extended SAS team, and creatively building awareness.
- Create actionable strategic plans to drive revenue and product adoption at customer and green-field accounts.
- Quarterback strategic sales opportunities that involve multiple business units, multiple SAS resources, and exist in a very competitive environment.
- Qualify opportunity to meet forecast commitments.
- Apply proven Account Management and deal development strategies to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Work closely with an extended sales team to develop and close business.
- Work closely with Partner network to generate opportunities, close business, and support successful customer deployments.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with decision makers with customer base to facilitate growth.
What we're looking for
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Knowledge of sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require.
- Adept at understanding and communicating the business value of a technology solution.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.