- Serves as the programmatic champion to ensure MTES-wide initiatives are prioritized, developed, launched, executed and measured.
- Responsible for reviewing and addressing the effectiveness of created go-to-market campaigns (or ad hoc sales plays) that distinctly serve the sub-industries we represent (Manufacturing, Transportation, Entertainment, and Services)
- Responsible for enhancing current sales strategies to drive pipeline growth, build awareness, and secure strategic customers
- Responsible for understanding key industry dynamics in Manufacturing, Transportation, Entertainment, and Services and leading the MTES business to new heights (Revenues, Team Culture, Engagement, Market Activation)
- Responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies that help form strategic partnerships
- Examines MTES-wide initiatives to assess progress on business outcomes tied to agreed-upon programs, initiatives strategies.
- Helps make the case for appropriate team-wide enablement assets based on MTES financial performance goals &/or opportunities to serve verticals/sub-industries.
- Serves as primary champion for defined initiatives to ensure clarity of objectives, adoption and activation of agreed-upon programs/initiatives.
- Builds customer networks from Manufacturing, Transportation, Entertainment and Services, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Engages with the MTES leadership team to help shape, form, and lead business unit strategy, go-to-market activity, and helps build and develop strategic messaging to serve our distinct customer base
- Leads culture, engagement, and team alignment across the broad US MTES business unit
- Assists AEs with proposal responses and content creation
- Identifies and develops new opportunities that span strategy, sales, and pre-sales
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion and develops and manages key strategies to implement such ideas
- Works with marketing, product, sales and R&D groups to translate business development goals into specific initiatives supported by their functional areas.
- Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from our competitors.
- Analyzes industry trends and other market information to identify opportunities.
- Identifies and communicates areas for improved sales practices and processes.
- Proactively communicates domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with Institute and/or regional or national strategic plans; may recommend specific customers and business partners to promote Institute's sales and marketing initiatives.
- Serves as a strategist to management in the development of criteria for customer or business partner relationship management programs.
- Creates demand generation and customer or business partner relationship management programs from content design through implementation and results tracking to ensure that objectives are met.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers and/or business partners at the highest levels of management.
- Provides overall project management and coordination for customer and/or business partner specific initiatives. Directs internal Institute resources, including pre- sales and post-sales services, contracts, and/or partner relationships.
- Serves as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams in all aspects of territory management.
- Conducts extensive follow- up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
- Works closely with Institute's sales and marketing management and staff to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Serves as a resource to staff and management to recommend general direction and structure to implement activities associated with related projects and initiatives.
- Makes recommendations to executive levels of management with respect to the negotiation of complex business matters.
- Maintains close relationship with marketing and R&D, as well as partner program categories, to ensure consistent message and communication to customers and/or business partners.
- Serves as a strategist to management recommending general direction and structure on development projects and initiates.
- May mentor other Business Development Specialists as needed.
- Works closely with Institute staff to leverage corporate events whenever possible.
- May interact with press to promote local presence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Project management skills including setting expectations, timeline and deliverables for project owners
- Microsoft tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or other relevant discipline.
- MBA preferred
- Requires eight years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.