As a Product Manager with SAS' Health and Life Sciences, Research and Development division, you’ll be responsible for setting product vision and direction by applying your life sciences industry expertise to drive product offerings. You’ll apply your passion for industry to understand competition and customer inputs and translate these into requirements for SAS’ product line.
If you enjoy strategizing, driving product development success, and communicating product knowledge to internal and external stakeholders, we invite you to join our team!
What you’ll do
- Apply your expertise in life sciences to set, execute, and publish the product vision and roadmap for our SAS Health product line.
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on customer, prospect, and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution.
- Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D
- Define user personas and use case.
- Support product launches as primary content provider and ensures knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluates emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Work with industry analysts to provide content and demonstrations for various reports and acts as a point of contact for inbound inquiries.
- Be a product champion by analyzing eternal market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- Participate in and may manage virtual teams comprised of worldwide members.
- Identify opportunities for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to SAS.
- Identify new market opportunities within the company’s distinctive competence.
- Share your product knowledge with external audiences, such as press, thought leaders, analysts, speaking engagements at trade shows and user groups, etc.
What we’re looking for
- At least five years of product management experience
- Professional experience working in and/or working with the life sciences industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Additional knowledge, skills, and experience required
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Skilled in effective communication, influencing and negotiation
- Ability to map market requirements into product features
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.