As a Consulting Business Development Manager on our Inside Services Sales Team, you will be responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. This team member will manage services positioning engagements in partnership with the Account Team; lead sales and business development efforts for broad range of smaller (typically less than $50K) consulting services (including installation and configuration of SAS offerings, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting and analytics advisory); and, develop and maintain relationships with customers and software sales channel to ensure a consistent cohesive and comprehensive message to our customers.
What you'll do
- Responsible for developing business and creating consulting engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of assigned customers.
- Stay apprised of ongoing services engagements as well as generate new services revenue resulting from continuous engagements with assigned customers.
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels.
- Manage services related revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements.
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-independent standalone services revenue.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Partner Services in the delivery of ongoing implementations with assigned customers.
- Continuously build expertise and advisory skills beyond SAS technology on how to successfully enable and deliver analytics programs for customers.
- Comfortable with up to 10% in-person onsite with customer stakeholders.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sales techniques: SAS solutions and services, architecture, and resources.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Effective management and prioritization of multiple projects.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) to be clear / concise for executive consumption.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Work Location: Cary, NC; open to remote-based work for the right candidate.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time or as business needs require.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business (digital marketing preference), Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Experience in Consulting, service sales, and business development.
- Typically requires two years of experience in sales, digital marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.
- Experience in at least one vertical market preferred.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.