Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) and a member of the Data Management team in the R&D division at SAS, you will be joining a friendly team with a broad range of experience, working alongside a tenured team ready to join you in the next stages of your career. Projects span a diverse set of technologies for data connectivity, data integration and data transformation.
- Work with a range of modern software technologies.
- Participate in all steps of the continuous development lifecycle (design, development, testing, and monitoring).
- Support the automation strategy to fulfill the requirements of CI/CD.
- Design, implement, and continuously improve automated test tools, and scripts that address specific needs in a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Maintain an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the delivery of applications, integrations, and data in CI/CD.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to maintain an elite level of code quality.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, potential bugs, or otherwise defective behavior in any phase of the project life cycle.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience with developing automated tests for microservices and REST APIs.
- Experience with the development technologies or similar industry tools (Spock, IntelliJ, Postman, Docker, Git, Gerrit, Gradle).
- 5+ years of experience programming in one or more object oriented languages, such as: Java, Groovy, Python, Go or Ruby
- Demonstrated experience with testing, including functional, integration, regression, REST and end-to-end.
- Experience with multiple operating systems including Windows and Linux/Unix.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with:
- cloud/cloud-based technologies including Kubernetes
- the Agile/Scrum methodology and CI/CD;
- Python scripting language;
- Jira and Confluence tools.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and debugging of complex multitiered software applications.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Well-organized with a strong ability to prioritize, plan, and execute tasks.
- Great conflict resolution skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.