What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Exciting pre-sales opportunity supporting some of SAS’s financial services customers leveraging the latest SAS software and solutions. As a Systems Engineer, you will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale activities within the Financial Services Industry. You will creatively apply business analytics applications to help solve business problems and communicate these approaches to different business audiences in the Financial Services industry.
You will also prepare prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis; develop and present customized demonstrations for accounts; work with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities; plan and implement in conjunction with the Account Executive; and perform other duties as assigned.
You will need to have a demonstrated ability to detect and understand the customer's business needs; articulate the value of our solutions and offerings; and identify appropriate applications, tools, and solutions.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- White-boarding and/or framing technology architecture for SAS Software Solutions that demonstrates creative skills to use technology competencies to solve business problems.
- Developing and/or present technology presentations.
- Developing account strategy and account plan with Account Executive and other sales team members.
- Acting in a consultative role to SAS clients, including interviewing clients to capture technical information.
- Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP's utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Research competitive landscape.
- Delivering analytical SAS Software Solution Demonstrations.
- Lead Proof of Concept activities.
- Collaborates with Account Executive in order to pursue relationships and opportunities in parallel to widen the bandwidth of sales activity, build trust with all customer contacts, and to promote and maintain the integrity of the SAS/client relationship.
- Works with SAS Professional Services to coordinate pre-sales efforts with paid consulting opportunity.
- Acts as the strategic advisor to SAS users and customer IT management.
- Partners with sales team to develop and manage overall Account Engagement Plan (AEP) that documents all SSOs, Action Plans, the support resources (SE, consulting, etc.) required for each step, and the timeframes for all elements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- Five years of experience in technical sales, pre-sales, marketing, or information systems.
- Three years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by SAS.
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and concepts.
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, AWS, Azure, GCP, Cloud Concepts, and SAS Viya product suites.
- Certifications in Hadoop, Cloud, AWS, GCP, Azure, or SAS Viya product suites.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS 9 system tools and architecture including GRID.
- Experience presenting technical software/hardware demonstrations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a virtual team.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or on an as needed basis.
- Financial services industry experience a plus but not required.
- Python, R, or other open source programming experience.
- Knowledge of SAS Grid infrastructure and shared storage concepts.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.