Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
This is an Associate Security Officer position with the company's patrol and response uniformed security team. As an Associate Security officer you are responsible for protecting the organization’s physical assets by conducting patrols and identifying and reporting irregularities.
- Ensures the security and safety of employees and visitors.
- Completes patrols of the grounds and facilities; may be required to stand and walk most of working shift, and is subject to working in adverse weather.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Responds to requests for assistance from employees and visitors on company property.
- Notifies and assists emergency response personnel when necessary, i.e., fire, intrusion, medical emergency.
- Operates two-way radio communications equipment and other electronic security, fire, and life safety devices.
- Responds to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation.
- Performs escort duties as appropriate.
- Administer first aid and CPR/AED under certification and training provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as outlined in the security operations manual and emergency response guidelines; acts as incident commander.
- Follows established security protocols while using initiative and good judgment.
Work hours for this position are Thursday – Monday, 4p - 12a.
What we’re looking for
- Some experience as a Security Officer within a corporate/campus setting.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license.
The nice to haves
- Four years of experience as a security officer/guard, with at least two years in a corporate/campus setting. Experience must include working with burglar, fire, and building access security systems and responding to alarm conditions.
- Coursework in Criminal Justice or security-related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to operate electronic security, fire, and life safety systems after training.
- Good analytical and investigative skills.
- Capable of following complex instructions.
- Ability to complete required training and certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English, including the ability to complete accurate written reports detailing activities and to effectively communicate with emergency response personnel.
- Be available to work additional on unscheduled shifts as required by business needs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 12 hours on uneven/unimproved and/or slick surfaces (e.g. around exteriors of buildings, unimproved roads, construction zones, etc.)
- Ability to climb stairs and occasionally use a ladder to access heights (to check roof hatches, reset card readers, etc.)
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.) and be subjected to temperature extremes (in/out of conditioned space and outside air)
- Ability to lift materials/objects up to 50lbs (traffic cones, tires/rims, tools, emergency equipment, jumps start packs, etc.)
- Ability to perform CPR, bend, reach, stretch to access concealed or remote areas; use senses to detect unusual activity
- We love living the #SAS life and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.