Associate Solutions Advisor - Fraud (LATAM)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
SAS Fraud & Security Intelligence practice is currently hiring a Solutions Architect to join the team. The role will provide business support for software pre-sales and post-sales activities primarily with financial services clients. He/she will also provide Business Consultancy expertise to implementation projects alongside a team of dedicated project members.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you will do
With expertise in banking fraud industry best practices, you will work with account executives to develop and deliver client presentations, key capability demonstrations and presales deliverables. You will lead client workshops with demonstrations and support proposal development.
For this the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Deliver senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits to meet clients’ needs
- Attend discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s by crafting thorough and compelling answers
- Foster relationships with client personnel at project and stakeholder levels
- Identify enterprise-wide view of solution gaps and identify opportunities to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships to ensure success
- Utilize existing knowledge and continue to develop a strong detailed knowledge of fraud and financial crimes, including the continuing industry changes and developments
- Maintain and expand knowledge of SAS solutions, capabilities and products
- Provides support for regional business development activities
With subject matter expertise, you will take on business consultancy roles during implementation and design. You will participate in developing business requirements with clients and industry partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through a role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Continuously adapt to apply knowledge of financial crimes risks, business technologies, regulatory expectations, and emerging security risks
- Oversee key client projects to insure successful delivery of work product and client satisfaction
- Ability to relate technical concepts of system applications and user needs
- Propose suitable processes from initial design to delivery in line with the customer’s vision
- Maintain and grow relationships with key customer stakeholders and other key customer team members.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science/Engineering or other quantitative field
- Work or academic experience in technology areas such as business application development, data presentation, and visualization, or web applications and services
- Experience in financial crimes discipline at a retail, commercial, or investment bank
- Experience with at least one of the following solutions: SAS Visual Investigator, SAS Viya, Monitor Plus FeatureSpace, Feedzai, FICO Falcon, Actimize.
- 2 years of experience within the banking / tech industry including one of the following:
- Consulting experience serving financial services clients
- Fraud prevention tools / knowledge
- Open source programming, SPSS, Analytics
- Skill in understanding and articulating concepts to users
- Strong technical, business facilitation and communication skills in at least Spanish and English language.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of banking fraud including Analytics; Rule writing/programming; Operational process and workflow
- Skill in understanding and articulating user business requirements to technical staff
- Familiar with payment processing and transactional fraud detection technology
- Ability to influence and recommend business requirements to desired outcome
- Experience with analytic and business approaches related to fraud detection
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- This is a junior level position
- The average travel is around 30% (when business travel resumes)
- Location: LATAM
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.