Are you a service-oriented problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Senior Business Solutions Manager within SAS’ Risk and Quantitative Solutions Division. As a solution manager, you will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for your solution(s). You will direct and manage the development of customer requirements, product/solution vision, roadmap, messaging, and competitive intelligence for one or more SAS risk offerings. You will work directly with the research and development team to design, architect, develop, and deliver each version. You will represent the solution externally via research papers, industry presentations and social media presence.
We are seeking candidates with a deep knowledge of expected credit loss (ECL) modeling and accounting to lead the solution management function of SAS’ ECL solutions for CECL and IFRS 9. The responsibilities may grow further, depending on a candidate, to include stress testing. The ideal candidate should also have the technical expertise to provide guidance to the implementation teams in the field to meet diverse customer requirements.
This opportunity comes at a unique time when risk solutions are being transformed, driven by the introduction of the next generation technology based on our Viya 4.0 platform. This is an exciting chance to play a pivotal role in defining what the next generation of cloud-native risk solutions for ECL will be.
- Define and drive the implementation of the vision and roadmap for ECL solutions
- Define user personas and write use cases for your solution(s)
- Be the point of contact for R&D, Testing, Support, Delivery, Pre-Sales and Project Management for product direction and vision.
- Balance customer requests for features and enhancements alongside solution defects and platform requirements, keeping all key constituents updated when changes impact timelines and content.
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with R&D & Testing to schedule software release content and dates.
- Work with technical writers and trainers to provide documentation and training materials and courses as necessary.
- Work with customers and field teams to address varying types of product troubleshooting and escalations.
- Partner with Marketing to provide enablement material, and to plan and execute product launches.
- Facilitate a knowledge share of new features and enhancements delivered within a release to multiple key stakeholders in varying formats.
- Present/Keep updated product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press and analysts, etc.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- Interact directly with senior leadership teams across SAS to drive this initiative.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of hands on experience in area of loss forecasting, enterprise stress testing, credit & prepayment modeling, or model validation at a bank. Alternatively, an equivalent experience acquired in an enterprise solutions software development will also be considered.
- Thorough understanding of statistical methods used to forecast ECL and understanding of corresponding accounting practices and standards (CECL and IFRS 9).
- Understanding of cloud technology and cloud computing with strong desire to learn more
- Experience with Agile methodologies in software development
- Ability to lead others through ambiguous situations
- Confident in making judgement calls after facts are presented; be decisive
- Ability to pivot and be flexible; recover quickly from set- backs
- Experience managing relationships with development partners and performing some project management functions.
- Experience managing/interacting with customers at technical, management and executive levels, especially in escalated situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving fast
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, as the job requires
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves:
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline
- Risk professional certifications such as FRM or CQF
- Experience with SAS programming and/or SAS products
- Experience in product management, product marketing, R&D, and/or technical sales support within the technology industry
- Thorough working knowledge of enterprise software platforms and applications.
- Industry experience building and designing enterprise risk management solutions.
- Experience working in cloud-based technology environments is a plus
- Experience with design thinking
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring!
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn