Associate Solutions Architect (LATAM)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
The Global Technology Practice is a world-wide team of experts, providing thought leadership and direction, establishing and promoting best practices and performing functions that are considered critical to the overall success of SAS. We are focused on providing expert support for sales cycles and ensuring customer adoption of the latest modernization of SAS software. To provide this, we collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure accurate, consistent delivery of marketing messages and product capability messages.
What you’ll do
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with strong cloud architecture skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while collaborating with various groups within SAS. This role requires interaction with teams like Product Management and Product Marketing and applying what you learn from those interactions in sales engagements. We use customer sales engagements as an opportunity to share our knowledge with Field Sales and customers, helping sales teams to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. We take what we learn from sales engagements and share the information as feedback to key internal groups, like Product Management.
What we’re looking for
- Applies open source, application develop skills and API knowledge to design application prototypes for demonstration purposes.
- Leverage intermediate knowledge of at least one or more SAS cloud providers (MS Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Ability to take complex technical concepts and simplify for other non-technical audiences
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how the analytic lifecycle relates to overall sales plan and customer value.
- Leverages knowledge of open source, application development, cloud architecture and SAS Viya, to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify, and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS Viya Platform as they apply to client needs.
- Installs SAS Viya and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and cloud training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned cloud architectural areas. This includes how each offering addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Customer Advisory and other internal technical counterparts to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have knowledge of MS Azure, AWS, GCP architecture, application development
- Experience with open source or SAS programming (Python, R, Java, SAS)
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Preferred location São Paulo, Brazil but open to other areas of LATAM
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
Typically requires two years of systems engineering, project management, applications development, technical architecture and design and/or customer support.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.