As a Medicaid Project Manager at SAS, you’ll serve as a leader for a program covering government healthcare initiatives (Medicare, Medicaid, State Health Plans and Health Information Exchanges). You’ll be responsible for planning, monitoring and managing large scale healthcare projects from initiation through completion. You’ll also be responsible for identifying goals and objectives and how they impact the business to reach the overall goal.
What you’ll do
- Serve as central point of contact for all business and technical issues and interfaces with interested parties across the company and the community to ensure success.
- ownership of activities with respect to customer satisfaction, change and knowledge management.
- Lead the team in assessing analytics needs.
- Drive overall program business objectives, goals.
- Define data strategy, build business requirements and solution design.
- Identify and review assignments of team members for activities.
- Add domain, administration, and contracts expertise to delivery teams.
- Own fiscal responsibility for projects.
- Develop, communicate, and track all aspects of project plans with the project team.
- Lead negotiations and conflict resolution between the project and other organizational units.
- Manage data analytics projects, custom data deliverables and user training.
- Manage teams to develop custom data deliveries using reporting and data analytics tools.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in a business, marketing, data science or computer science-related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Healthcare/Medicaid/Medicare consulting, program and/or project management role in a software development environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion to understand industry trends and SAS’s ability to drive effective business strategies and tactics.
- Location: Cary, NC HQ highly preferred, but can be remotely based on either the East Coast or Midwest for the right candidate.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Understanding of IT fundamentals, architecture, and the system development life cycle.
- Implementation of the CMS certification process and working within the MITA framework.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
- MS Project mastery.
- Superb facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to select appropriate methods to gain win/win resolutions and lead negotiations.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process. This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to your skillset are available.