In this role you will lead SAS US Professional Services delivery projects for our Financial Services Business Unit. Your responsibilities would include solution definition, implementation, deployment, testing, and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess knowledge of Risk related SAS solutions and tools and will have experience implementing them. You will manage implementations of complex solution architectures utilizing Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid methodologies. You must have experience in working with Financial Services business entities, including Banking and Insurance, and have knowledge of Financial Services regulations in this space. You should have the ability to relate technical concepts involving SAS applications to user need and be able to oversee the technical progress of ongoing services.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading delivery projects implementing Risk related SAS technologies utilizing best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Managing multiple large and complete projects with multiple workstreams and or phases.
- Developing detailed project plans to monitor and track project progress.
- Defining statements of work, project charters, risk and mitigation assessments, and project governance structures.
- Leading and coordinating project planning, resourcing, staffing, reporting, troubleshooting, and people management.
- Monitoring performance and recommending schedule, scope, budget, and / or resource changes as needed to satisfy project requirements.
- Communicating the status of projects and project goals, ensuring that project results meet requirements with respect to quality, efficacy, schedule, and cost.
- Maintaining project financials, meeting the planned profit margin and accurately forecasting project billing revenue.
- Building trusted relationships with customer executives, business unit partners, and key client account personnel and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acting as the primary Professional Services Delivery contact for customers throughout the project lifecycle, adding domain expertise and building strong relationships that open business opportunities by playing a key role in setting a future vision for the customer.
- Supporting the sales organizations when engaging with customers in defining new deliveries.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Eight or more years of project management, consulting, and/or customer support.
- Experience interfacing with internal clients, Marketing/Sales management, and operations personnel.
- Experience with interacting effectively with all levels of internal and external customers, including line staff to C-Suite.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects effectively including (P&L).
- Applied knowledge of Risk fundamentals.
- Superior facilitation, problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Ability to organize, lead, and mentor team members on large delivery efforts.
- Ability to prepare and present executive materials and other documentation.
- Location: East Coast or Midwest-based candidate highly preferred but would be flexible for the right experience.
Financial Services Experience:
- Competency in regulatory requirements Expected Credit Loss (IFR9/CECL).
- Competency in regulatory Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis.
- Competency in Long Duration Targeted Improvements (LDTI).
- Competency in Risk Modeling and Decisioning.
- Competency in Regulatory Capital Management.
- Competency in Model Risk Management.
- Direct Project Management experience of the above-mentioned regulatory requirements.
- Portfolio, Program, Project Management certifications are a plus.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills, and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.