What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
You will leverage extensive industry expertise and networks to drive revenue growth. Create and deliver credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the banking market. Actively work with the industry sales teams and partners in support of sales opportunities and provides strategic impact to the industry sales go-to-market plans.
- Provide direct banking domain expertise and sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Coach the sales force on industry focused account strategies and lead the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develop banking industry specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and positioning of SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Support thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements and involvement with key banking industry organizations.
- Support sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
- Lead customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Identify industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinate with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues then aligns SAS’ position, based on banking market requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
What we're looking for
- Typically requires a minimum of ten years of related experience in the banking industry
- Consulting experience in positioning advanced analytics, AI techniques and cloud infrastructure
- Ability to drive incremental revenue
- Demonstrated Industry relationships and credibility
- Specialized knowledge of the use of cloud, data and analytics in banking industry
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems
- Proven project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Public speaking experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.