What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a Sr Systems Engineer to provide technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities. In this role you will utilize knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. You will collaborate with account teams to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepare and present software demonstrations.
What you’ll do
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Sales team. We are specifically looking for candidates who will encourage the team to think big and uncover new and innovative ways to help drive success with both existing and new customers.
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of business and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Develops proposals and conducts demonstrations and presentations to customers and prospects.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Provides support at marketing events, trade shows and user group meetings.
- Leverages detailed industry knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Research, understand and leverage competitive landscape
- Supports international activity as required
- Assumes lead technical and consultative role in issues involving complex customer systems and applications, utilizing a comprehensive knowledge of industry processes and pains.
- Application of extensive knowledge of SAS products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Serves as high-level strategist to staff and management in the development of sales opportunities.
- Serves as account/team lead technical resource, counseling staff on technical issues and technical prototype development.
- Utilizes appropriate applications, tools, and solutions to develop and present advanced customized prototype solutions and presentations to customers at highest levels of corporate visibility.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding process guidelines and the effectiveness of existing sales tools, including customized applications, seminars, and user group meetings.
- Participates as a contributing member on division's cross-organizational solutions teams.
- May serve as team lead on projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of industry or market segments or a comprehensive knowledge of a specific industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Ability to relate business and technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires eight years of industry experience in business process, operations, marketing or sales.
- Hands on usage of SAS technologies and/or similar technologies
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.