Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The Head, Customer, Market & Competitive Insights will drive thought leadership, research, and analysis to inform and shape SAS’ business strategies to drive customer growth, engagement and increase market share. This highly visible position will play a central role shaping the SAS value proposition from the customers’ perspective; leveraging this to inform and influence the company’s strategic direction. The role will also lead and facilitate cross-functional initiatives to drive customer loyalty, retention and improve the overall SAS customer experience.
- Synthesize numerous data sources to develop meaningful insights and compelling recommendations to drive business strategies.
- Lead the team’s implementation of innovative research techniques, to address business questions from multiple functions within the organization.
- Responsible for Voice of the Customer initiatives to measure, report on, and improve the customer’s experience across every touchpoint of the journey with SAS. Leverage this VOC analysis to drive change on behalf of the customer at all levels of the organization.
- Lead market researchers in synthesizing trends coming from multiple sources and identifying which opportunities SAS should focus on to drive growth for the business.
- Coach, develop, and motivate team members and leaders to ensure they are engaged and growing in their analytic, research, leadership, and storytelling skills and capabilities.
- Developing analytic approaches, tools and methodologies that will utilize data to develop deeper customer, competition and market understanding.
- Communicating in a way that is easily understood and visually compelling, moving our business from insight to action.
- Crafts strong stories that are inclusive of several types of data sources including internal behavioral data, qualitative and quantitative studies, and syndicated research to shape full stories of consumer and market driven data.
- Setting the team vision, strategy and roadmap while partnering with our marketing and business teams to achieve goals.
- Drive innovation in research and analytic methodologies and tools that can be leveraged to the benefit of the business as well as the customer.
- Collaborating with functions across the enterprise to establish a consistent perspective on critical customer-focused questions.
- Partner with a multi-disciplinary insights team that together are able to understand, analyze and predict customer needs and expectations.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and develop team members.
What we’re looking for
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated insights and analytics experience, is passionate about customer centricity, and loves data and research.
- Hands on quantitative analysis knowledge and skills.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment.
- Ability to relate technical concepts and analytics to a business audience.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing complex projects and engaging with the business to prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and C-level executives.
- Passionate knowledge of marketing concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Expert attention to detail, objective problem-solving attitude, and a hunger to learn.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.