Associate Proposal Manager (Colombia)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Junior/Associate Proposal Manager to lead the efforts oriented to assist Services Sales teams during the development & production of proposals in response to requests. It includes, initial evaluation of RFP, RFQ, RFI, participation of the first meetings with Sales Teams in order to understand the scope & timelines of the requests, identification & integration of the human talents & technical resources required for the proposal from the Professional Services perspective, follow up of the inputs pending for the writing of the proposals, writing of the final proposals, presentations, additional collaterals, pricing drafts and delivery of the proposals for the deadlines defined. Responsible for delivery of proposals on time & with high quality designing and implementing reusable artifact, repositories & standards. Finally, Proposal Manager will help the Sales teams for the planning & preparation of the requests defense (technical & economical). This role demands teamwork, networking and negotiation skills, good and deep relationship skills with SAS internal areas (local, regional & global).
- Understand & applies proposal development processes, methodologies (agile practices) and tools (sharepoint, project) to enhance the process
- Drive end to end process to develop and deliver proposals & collaterals in response to requests.
- Manage & update proposals templates, reusable artifacts & repositories
- Be responsible for the schedule of proposals completed, pending or not initiated in order to provide inputs during the forecast meetings
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with SAS internal clients
- Prepare and deliver reports about proposal status to SAS managers
- Participate in all the meetings required for the preparation and follow up of the proposals
- Serve as liaison for technical resources, internal and external, involved in the proposal development effort from the services perspective
- Maintain project files for each opportunity
- Work directly with account executives, sales managers, consultants, technical resources, legal professionals, and other internal resources, e.g. printing and mail services team members as required to complete and submit the proposal.
- Ensure proposal fully complies with customer requests and that the information provided is thorough and accurate.
- Conduct post-proposal evaluations, as time permits, to assess customer satisfaction and identifies opportunities for improving the proposal process.
What we’re looking for
- Salesperson / Proposal Manager with minimum 1 year experience in:
- Proposal planning, coordination & development
- Excellent knowledge of the different types of requests (RFP, RFQ, RFI)
- Understanding of sales cycles.
- Leading projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
The nice to haves
- Knowledge of SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources.
- Intermediate or advanced English level
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Project coordination skills
- Skill in organizing, conducting and facilitating project meetings
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive internal and external client relationships
- Ability to travel
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Good decision making & negotiation skills
- High interpersonal skills
- High Communication skills, effective presentations, well organized
- Objectives, goals and targets oriented
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.