Engagement Manager (Colombia / Ecuador)
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Engagement Manager to lead the efforts for Sales of Professional Services, including the design of sales strategies, new types of professional services and commercial models, creation of services sales pipeline for many clients and industries, creation of sales assets, standardization, agile practices and closing of new deals. Responsible for resulting services revenue. This role demands to develop & maintain networking, good and deep relationship skills with Clients and SAS internal areas (local, regional & global).
- Proactively engage and build trusted relationships with customers, partners and sales teams
- Drive opportunities and initiatives across existing and new client accounts
- Utilize and leverage knowledge and domain expertise of Sales, PSD & CA teams, during sales engagements
- Be responsible for developing business and creating consulting engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of assigned customers
- Manage ongoing services engagements as well as generate new services revenue resulting from continuous engagements with assigned customers
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels
- Be responsible for creating & maintaining opportunities pipeline & forecast
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-independent standalone services revenue
- Act as the Lead Consultant responsible for managing new and on-going services opportunities in strategic accounts that are beneficial to SAS as well as to the Customer
- Spends 50-60% of time with customer stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- Salesperson with experience in:
- Consulting, Services Sales & Business Development
- Business partner relationship development or technical functions within the technology industry
- At least one vertical market preferred
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sales techniques, clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Strategic selling and negotiating skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
The nice to haves
- Excellent knowledge of SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources.
- Intermediate or advanced English level
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Good decision making & negotiation skills
- High interpersonal skills
- High Communication skills, effective presentations
- Objectives, goals and targets oriented
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.