*You may join us at SAS Worldwide HQ in Cary, NC or work remote for this role*
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager on the Internet of Things (IoT) team, you will be responsible for shaping the product strategy for our streaming analytics platform. With your knowledge of AI & IoT powered use cases, Edge-to-Cloud architectures, and Partner ecosystem, you will help SAS increase its market penetration in this space. You will work on a team that drives SAS’s product strategy for IoT and is shaping the future of how that aligns with our customers’ transformative journey to incorporate analytics into their business processes
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer and partner inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Translate business requirements into technical, functional, and non-functional requirements.
- Supports product launches as primary content provider and ensures knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Define user personas and write use cases.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- Collaborate with R&D to prioritize product development based on requirements management, risk mitigation, and product lifecycles.
- Support a continuous delivery process delivering new features and functionality.
- Delivers product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press, analysts, at events, etc.
- Delivers technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral.
- Works with industry analysts to provide content and demonstrations for various reports and acts as a point of contact for inbound inquiries.
- Collaborate with technical partners to identify and deliver new products and offerings leveraging broader resources and domain expertise.
- Identifies opportunities and develops business plans including recommended actions for emerging technology and business issues that present opportunities or threats to SAS.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in product management or related function in the technology industry, preferably with a software vendor.
- Strong Knowledge and experience with cloud-based business models focused on SaaS or PaaS applications.
- Strong Knowledge and experience with Edge-to-Cloud IoT architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with IoT ecosystems and use cases.
- Familiarity with lifecycle of developing and deploying Applications for at least one major public cloud provider (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Strong familiarity with Familiarity with Analytic techniques and Streaming technologies (experience with commercial or open-source streaming platforms highly desirable).
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts.
- Exceptional presentation skills, distilling complex technical issues into customer consumable summaries which highlight differentiating capabilities
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units.
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving fast.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as the job requires.
- Experience with packaging and deployment technologies including Containers, Kubernetes, and related technologies.
- Experience with design thinking.
- Experience with application security and/or cloud security.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery development model.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.