Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS seeks an Industry Consultant with proven experience in government health analytics, public health and/or Medicaid preferred, specifically related to the use of data and analytics to drive health improvement planning, disease prevention and management programs, health indicator tracking, analytics operations, or case management. Candidate must possess direct experience working in government health or healthcare including public health, Medicaid, or healthcare administration organizations with a working knowledge of public health IT and/or Medicaid IT system implementation. This candidate will use their deep health and information system knowledge to advance SAS analytic solutions, deepen industry relationships and ensure strong healthcare business value for customers. A successful candidate will have strong communications skills and the ability to help government agencies solve complex data and analytic problems by providing strategic guidance and direction to internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Industry Consulting in the U.S. Government and Public Sector business unit, the candidate will provide industry, sales, and implementation support for SAS within the federal, state and local health ecosystem. Responsibilities and functions include:
- Learns current SAS products, practices, service offerings and resources that help position SAS within the federal, state and local healthcare ecosystem and grow new customer sales and solution implementation opportunities in support of SAS Medicaid, public health modernization and government healthcare policy areas.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings, how each solution addresses health related business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilizes knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data analysis, data modeling, preparing SAS models and reports that turn data into information, program evaluation and measurement.
- Understanding of enterprise level business process flows in areas related to supported solutions.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies associated with health programs and health related information systems internally and externally.
Planning and Supporting Sales Activities
- Develop and support industry specific business development strategies that enables sales teams to establish SAS as the preferred partner in the health care space for key advanced analytic capabilities and platforms. These strategies will need to address what solutions are best suited for current and future client needs for healthcare surveillance, contact tracing and similar health business needs.
- Provide support for corporate and sales goal attainment and strategic guidance on business plan development for SAS industry-focused account teams.
- Provide support and strategic guidance to SAS sales organization leadership to develop new account penetration strategies.
- Assist with identifying additional business needs and sales opportunities to address what solutions are best suited for current and future client base for health surveillance systems
- Articulate compelling SAS capabilities across organizational layers
- Work with government lobbying to identify needs and gaps in SAS’ existing offerings to facilitate SAS positioning in the marketplace
- Identify competitive advances in the marketplace.
Supporting and Growing Industry and Customer Relationships
- Identify industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry that well-position SAS and its offerings
- Establish and support strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings and the demand of the industry
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interdependence between the technical side and people side of the client engagements to meet program objectives
- Establish relationships with customers including strategic high-level influencers, policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users that establishes SAS as a credible and trusted advisor for informing current and future technology and analytic needs.
- Ability to motivate and guide internal and external teams to ensure accurate, efficient, and timely delivery of service.
- Ability to maintain SME-level industry and product knowledge and inform the company of changing market conditions and competitive issues.
- Provide customer engagement activities including establishing business requirements, planning and executing adoption and education activities, visioning on expansion of analytic work streams, and building business value statements.
- Identify competitive partnership opportunities to further SAS solution opportunities
- Provide support for all phases of sales engagement to foster current account relationships and to drive greater business growth.
- Build customer references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, in statistics based public health related fields, including but not limited to Biology, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Public Health and Social Services.
- Require 8+ years of experience in analytics within healthcare, with a focus on public health and/or Medicaid. Experienced in working with analytic software systems; SAS preferred. Experience with developing analytic process, reports, and models with the use of visualization tools.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to facilitate business development strategies
- Work location: US – Upper Midwest, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more:Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplementEEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.