Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The Risk and Finance Advisory team at SAS helps banks and many other institutions with financial exposure quantify and manage financial risk in their organization. As a senior consultant, you will lead/provide advisory and technical services on implementation of risk solutions and work closely with team members to assess clients’ business needs relative to the deployment, customization, and implementation of SAS risk solutions.
Additionally, you will advise and support clients on data provisioning, analytics, and reporting frameworks. Representative engagements include regulatory capital stress testing and assessment (CCAR/DFAST, Basel II/III), loss reserving (ALLL/IFRS9/CECL) economic capital analysis, PD/LGD/EAD modeling, PPNR/ALLL forecasting, Balance Sheet forecasting, among others. While interacting with clients to help solve their business problems, you will gain a breadth of first hand experiences in risk analytics, data management, and regulatory capital and financial assessments.
In addition to advisory on implementation, this role will assist the Risk and Finance Advisory team with its responsibilities in presales and proof of concept efforts, implementation training and enablement of SAS consultants and partners globally, service estimates, product content creation, and advisory services.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
• Design and technically deliver SAS Risk Solutions
• Demonstrate analytical leadership in delivering SAS Risk and Finance solutions and implementations to customers within an agile project delivery framework;
• Create relationships with SAS customers as a trusted advisor and partner
• Interact with clients to assess the functional and operational business needs of Risk and Financial services engagements
• Develop Proof of Concepts, Demos and other technical assets in the context of customer engagements.
• Strategizing with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understanding how this activity relates to overall sales plans and providing functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
• Conduct financial risk analysis, explore and design creative new approaches to solving real business problems
• Lead functional assessments to understand solution requirements for risk and finance frameworks
• Teach best practices on system implementation and to risk consulting teams globally
• Provide actionable, field specific feedback to solution Research & Development
• Provide advisory support and quality assurance on implementations done by internal and external delivery partners
• Analyze 3rd party and in-house systems of record for portfolio and reference data sources
• Must be a passionately curious, dedicated life-long learner with an analytical mind, strong communication skills to convey the technical to a non-technical audience, and an accountable problem-solving disposition
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience on systems implementation within a financial institution or consulting firm
• Experience with third or fourth generation computer programing language and risk modeling
• BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative field preferred
• Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on risk and finance technical topics
• Ability to travel at least 25% globally (most travel is domestic). Candidates must be located near a major US airport
• Globally recognized risk certifications such as FRM, CFA, etc.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex math and statistical concepts to an executive audience
• Experience with CECL and loss forecasting models
• Expertise in regulatory compliance guidelines such as CCAR, DFAST, Basel II/III, Dodd-Frank, Solvency II
• MS in Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Accounting or other quantitative field
• Additional risk domain knowledge considered valuable – market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, and/or operational risk. Finance experience a plus
• Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Experience driving risk implementation teams in the financial services industry with specific focus on risk management applications and consulting services
• Experience working with SAS Risk Solutions and SAS Programming
• Work Location Cary, NC preferred. Open to remote.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.