A fantastic opportunity for a proven sales professional to drive our cloud-native, next-generation Marketing Technology value propositions in the US market. You’ll be expected to leverage existing relationships, as well as develop new ones, to help deliver continued growth.
We are looking for an experienced Sales professional who has sold marketing technologies into the Life Sciences industry.
What we do:
We’re one of the leading solution providers in multi-channel Marketing Technology with capabilities extending across Customer Data Platforms, Customer Analytics, Personalization and Real-time Interaction Management. We are also the undisputed leader in analytics and have been for decades. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into actionable intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do:
In the role of Sales Specialist – Marketing Technology and Personalization Solutions, you will help customers and prospects evaluate their Customer Experience strategy, determine approaches to application and data modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their technical and business requirements. You will be working with our most important customers within the industry. Within your customers, you will lead a virtual team of sales, technical and consulting resources to help customers realize the digital transformation in marketing.
- Provide in-depth industry, business function and Marketing Technology and Personalization Solutions related expertise to facilitate closing deals within the assigned territory.
- Integrate strategy into account plans. Initiate and support lead generation activities. Qualify leads by analyzing business drivers and technical fit.
- Partner with field Account Executives to sell Marketing Technology and Personalization solutions and services to prospective and current customers.
- Work with partners and other stakeholders at SAS, as well as use our targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers/prospects
- Spend time with our prospects for Marketing Technology and Personalization Solutions, identifying pathways to modernize their customer experience strategy
- Develop opportunities by managing and influencing requirements to gain competitive edge.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects and customers, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the CxO level with business and technology decision markers.
- Coach the Customer Advisory team to ensure that demonstrations of our Marketing Technology and Personalization Solutions address customers’ business and technical objectives.
- Create and present proposals to successfully communicate the value of SAS’ products and services.
- Leverage Customer Advisory, Value Engineering and pre-sales engineering resources as appropriate.
- Communicate with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Facilitates closure of complex sales. Assists with pricing negotiations and licensing questions.
- Post-close, knowledge transfer to Professional Services or Partners for design/deployment.
- Work closely with Customer Advisory and Value Engineering to ensure that the outcomes and value we promise gets delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Engage with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Influence the go-to-market strategies for our Marketing Technology and Personalization Solutions.
- Provide feedback to sales, marketing and product management on current and future product requirements and sales challenges.
What we’re looking for:
In-depth experience selling MarTech solutions in the Life Sciences sector.
Solid experience with consultative, outcome-driven selling in one or more of these areas: Digital Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Content Marketing, SO-ME Marketing.
- Great value based, consultative selling skills:
- Understand customer’s strategic intent and articulate desired business outcomes.
- Identify and articulate outcome-driven use cases and value drivers that support the desired business outcomes.
- Lead the value case creation, and present to marketing executives and ELT team with confidence.
- Trust builder
- Establish and grow executive relationships by being a scholar of their industry and by inspiring customers how to tackle business critical problems.
- Establish and grow director level relationships trust by being able to engage in meaningful business conversations about outcomes and value.
- Hunter & Farmer
- Passionately scouting for Marketing Technology and Personalization Opportunities within territory.
- Passionately ensuring that we deliver what we have promised to our customers.
- Attention to detail, while seeing the big picture
- Own the capability and transition vision (to future state) by understanding how SAS capabilities aligns to customer desired outcomes and rallying all relevant stakeholders (customers, SAS, partners) around it.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate potential roadblocks and plan to mitigate risks.
- Passionate, motivating team player
- Passionate about Marketing Technology and Personalization Solutions and the value it brings to customers.
- Drive and Self-motivation. Focus on continuous self-improvement
- Works productively with multiple stakeholders, both internally and with partners.
- All the basics:
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics and developing sales plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel as required
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more:Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplementEEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.