Are you an explorer, problem discoverer, and knowledge seeker – always asking “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
We are looking for energetic, curious, highly motivated individuals to take initiative in a fast-paced, diverse environment to deliver high quality software to our customers.
As a member of the Compute Services team in SAS R&D, you can expect to:
- Work with development to verify software solutions by creating self-verifying tests that reflect real customer use cases
- Create comprehensive tests that include error handling, boundary tests, edge cases, memory usage, stress tests and performance tests
- Automate testing of features and core functionality of product areas
- Continuously analyze and enhance test coverage
You may work from a remote US location for this role, or you may join us at SAS Worldwide HQ in Cary, NC for this role.
- Design, implement, and continuously improve automated test frameworks, tools, and scripts that address specific needs in a continuous deployment pipeline
- Creation of test cases, test data and execution of test cases for the business flows as required
- Maintain test suites in a version-controlled environment
- Collaborate with developers, other testers, tech support, documentation writers, project managers, and product managers in all steps of the continuous development lifecycle to ensure functional requirements are satisfied
- Maintain an awareness of and research new technologies, trends, architectures, and implementation techniques as they relate to the delivery of applications, integrations, and data in CI/CD
- Identify risks, issues, potential bugs, or otherwise defective behavior in any phase of the project life cycle, managing them through closure
- Program in one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Perl
- Develop automated tests using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, etc.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to maintain an elite level of software quality
- Assimilate technical material and handle deadlines in a multiple task environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must have strong SQL skills (joins, grouping, views, tables, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience writing software applications and/or testing software systems
- Proficient in designing test strategies, creating test plans, automating tests, etc.
- Proficient with test automation tools
- Experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Groovy, Spock, Python.
- Experience working in an agile environment, including sprint planning and delivery of sprint commitments
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Windows environments
- Experience with SAS programming
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and associated tools, such as Jenkins, GIT, Gerrit, Gradle
- Experience with manual test case/test scenario development & execution
- Knowledge of Cloud providers like Azure, AWS, Google etc.
Background and Experience:
SAS is seeking a software testing professional with 5-7 years of experience in multiple software technologies and domains. The candidate should have a successful track record of working in testing organizations preferably developing software products for global teams. Candidate should have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.