Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The SAS US Government and Education Practice is looking for a Higher Education Industry Consultant who will focus on business development for the postsecondary education market. This will include creating new business revenue opportunities, building strategic partnerships, guiding solution development, and advising sales and technical teams to grow our national business. In this role, you’ll execute strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue in the higher education market to include Federal grants capture.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and high-level experience in consulting services with the ability to successfully connect with postsecondary education institutions. We’re seeking candidates who have a passion for the job and desire to provide strategic guidance, advisement and directives to internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Build public-private coalitions between Federal Government agencies, Universities, State Government agencies, and Private Sector partners
- Develop business opportunities with customer stakeholders across the postsecondary education sector (Community Colleges, Colleges, and Universities)
- Build credibility and trusted advisor relationships with clients including policymakers, decision-makers, partners, and end users
- Manage network of postsecondary education alliance partners and third-party influencers
- Assist in targeting specific postsecondary and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives
- Provide regular and recurring on-site engagement to all levels of the customer base as needed
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers at the highest levels of government and postsecondary institution administration
- Provide guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders to develop quality analytics to help drive customer mission
- Identify internal client trends and emerging issues or initiatives and help postsecondary institutions and SAS properly align around those that represent a business opportunity for SAS
- Build references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities
- Support the alignment of institutional needs and SAS capabilities for expanded the postsecondary solution engagement
- Provide strategic support to pre-sales/technical elements, sales teams, and marketing teams involved in all aspects of the sales cycle
- Provide direct industry domain support for postsecondary education business plan development and execution
- Support the sales team’s pipeline development and target achievement
- Provide business process improvement observations and change management consultation to facilitate organization adoption and engagement with analytic solutions
- Participate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans
- Participate in thought leadership activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speak at internal and external education industry events and manages relationships with key industry associations/organizations. Develop workshops to educate internal and external audiences
- Provide sales team with timely higher ed trends, news, and information on relevant state level and national higher ed policy
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced Postsecondary Degree, preferably in Education, Education Administration, Education Policy, Institutional Research, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience in a teaching, education administration, policy, or research role
- Experience working in post-secondary institutions and/or higher education systems or associations
- A positive and resilient self-starter who contributes to our positive team culture and values relationships both internally and externally
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed:
- Understanding of the Higher Education Act
- Understanding of the research agendas of Universities today
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility
- Deep network of postsecondary education and research institution connections
- Specialized knowledge of the higher education sector
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Be an energetic self-starter and possess an excellent knowledge of the industry marketplace and business drivers
- Stellar presentation and grant writing skills
- Business development experience
Nice to haves:
- Proven success winning or influencing multimillion-dollar grant proposals
- Postsecondary institution administration experience
- Experience presenting to government leaders and elected officials
- Experience managing Senior Executive level relationships both internally and externally to an organization
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts
- Knowledge of SAS solutions, products and services preferred
- Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS solutions, applications and user needs
- Demonstrated ability to drive incremental revenue
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.