We're hiring for several Software Development Engineer in Test/SDET roles here at SAS!
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions.
Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
You may work from a remote US location for this role. Or, you may join us at SAS Worldwide HQ in Cary, NC for this role.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Design, build, and support scalable automated test frameworks, tools, and test suites to ensure quality within expected timelines during the development cycle
- Develop and support robust quality engineering solutions at every layer of the software development life cycle.
- Empower your team to continuously deliver enterprise grade software to production by engineering quality into the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Create and maintain the highest quality of test automation that fails fast, uses modern development techniques, and provide key data points to support metrics-based decision making.
- Apply automated tests at every layer of the application stack, both inside and outside of the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Capitalize upon your creativity by developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Produce key data that illustrates the quality of applications and develop insight that drives the direction of quality engineering.
- Work with your team to promptly triage test failures with precision and accuracy, maintaining the health of the build pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with development, product, operations, and support peers to encourage quality.
- Challenge the status quo every day and never stop improving quality engineering practices.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with one of the following programming languages: Python, Golang, Java, Groovy, C or Java Script.
- Exposure to test automation tooling such as Pytest, Robot Framework, Playwright, Selenium, Cypress
- Comfortable working with and testing service-oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with at least one public cloud interface: Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools such as: Jenkins, Gradle, Argo.
- Proficient with source control management techniques (Git) including branching, code review, and merging.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You are adaptable, a continuous learner who seeks out opportunities to leverage emerging technologies and enjoys the challenges of solving problems on the cutting edge.
- You are flexible and excited by the possibility of working on new problems and new products as additional requirements arise.
- Responds constructively to criticism, striving to become better every day
- Adds value to teams independently with minimal guidance.
- Strong interpersonal skills that meets or exceeds the needs of the team.
- Ability to pivot quickly and seamlessly toward areas of need.
- Consistently demonstrates the relentless pursuit of knowledge and growth that defines company culture.
- Possesses a demonstrated understanding of the Customer Experience and the empathy needed to improve it.
Role Specific Technical Preferences
- Experience configuring and managing compute workloads for any or all of the following:
- SAS Grid Manager
- SAS Grid Manager for Platform
- SAS Grid Manager for Hadoop
- Platform LSF
- Other workload management / job scheduling software.
- Experience with optimization analytic methods.
- Experience with monitoring and logging approaches for complex software systems.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.