SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated healthcare experts to our join our commercial sales team. In this role, you will lead and manage SAS’ relationship with Centene and Health Care Service Corporation. You will align internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS solutions and focus on growing revenue. You will build and maintain customer relationships across the target organizations.
What you’ll do
- Manage and lead the Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) and Centene relationships with SAS, including formulating and executing a strategic account plan that outlines a path to expected revenue objectives.
- Analyze client, industry and market trends. Review economic, financial, and competitive positioning data to inform sales strategies and identify new opportunities to SAS.
- Understand complex business needs of HCSC and Centene; qualify types and levels of opportunities across portfolio.
- Work closely with SAS management and executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of eight years of experience within the health care industry, including passion for software solutions and sales.
- Ability to successfully manage a territory of accounts, including an experience working with or for HCSC, Centene and/or other Medicaid/Medicare managed care organizations.
- Ability to generate new business through strategic-based selling.
- Thorough understanding of how to position advanced analytics software solutions in order to solve business problems facing healthcare accounts.
- Ability to be with customers 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer to solve complex business problems.
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, complex solutions that positively impact customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Healthcare, Engineering or related field.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require.
The nice to haves
- Knowledge and fluency of strategic sales techniques to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Proficiency in account planning and account management. Leads by example in strategic planning, execution and personal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of customer to SAS solutions.
- Experience selling software solutions to multiple divisions within healthcare accounts
- Experience selling competitive software products or similar analytical products.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
- In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.