REMOTE - Sr. Manager, SAS Cloud Sales Enablement & Support
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Senior Manager for the SAS Cloud Presales Architecture team in the US, Latam and Canada to support the continued profitable revenue growth from SAS Cloud.
The team currently consists of 4 architects, plus one vacancy. The role of the architects is to apply expertise in technical architecture and cloud technologies to guide and support sales and business development towards successful outcomes.
- Recruits, develops and retains architects with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages day to day activities of staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assigns areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of sales enablement to internal colleagues and support for sales engagements.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects to develop, share and enforce best practices and approaches.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Works with CBDMs and Managers to ensure correct engagement and utilization of architect resources
- Contribute to global initiatives related to the improvement of SAS Cloud
- Support and contribute to the production of compelling collateral that highlights the value of SAS Cloud solutions.
- Initiate, prioritize and manage activities around the design of reusable and repeatable tools and reference architectures to drive efficiency and consistency in sales cycles.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with account executives and sales management
- Ensure liaison between delivery and sales teams to ensure that deliverables, pricing and other expectations are correctly set to ensure successful projects and customer satisfaction.
- Give feedback from sales situations and ensure that the capabilities of SAS cloud facilities and services continue to evolve to meet the needs of the growing market for analytics solutions in the cloud.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated management skills in a sales organization;
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or similar.
- Exposure to, and conceptual grasp of cloud technologies, preferably Azure.
- Experience of technical sales, systems engineering, applications development, and/or technical architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Good problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness, and first-hand involvement in large, complex sales-cycles.
- Travel: 10-20% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
The nice to haves:
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Exposure to, and conceptual grasp of analytics technologies, preferably SAS.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.