Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Project Accountant to be part of the Project’s Accounting Team for the Region and works inside the Global Accounting Services for SAS, reporting to the Head of Project’s Accounting in Latin America. The main activity is to handle the accounting processing, originated from the operation of the Projects Service Delivery and through the Projects Module of the system. Such activities consist in ensuring accuracy of cost, work in progress, revenue recognition, expenses and the following up on the billing for Consulting Services, creating efficiencies, providing visibility to the business, measuring the performance and profit of the projects and in compliance with local legal requirements in each country. This position works closely with the departments of Consulting Services, Accounts Payable, Controlling, Sales, and other departments in the Region of America & Latin America.
- Monitor and continuously enhance the work in progress, cost in progress, revenue recognition and invoicing process for Consulting projects inside the Projects Module of the system, promoting the highest quality standards and best practices, with high level of reaction to the business, while at the same time assuring the compliance with policies and General Accounting Accepted Principles.
- Ensure the correct allocation of consulting costs to projects, according to the hours spent on each project and the rate per hour from consultants for Time & Materials projects and ensure the completeness of the cost and revenue for Fixed Price Projects. Monitor the internal and external personnel costs to projects and validate the invoices and payments presented by the Partners performing the consulting services.
- Provide clear follow up with customers and involved departments, to recognize the work in progress as revenue recognition and the allocation of hours invested by internal and external personnel, ensuring also that the cost and revenue is calculated properly in the P&L and the work in progress, prebilled are calculated properly in the Balance Sheet.
- Ensure the correct invoicing of projects according to the billable hours from consulting services provided to customers and according to the services level and consulting hour rate as agreed in the contract.
- Perform frequent analysis of costs and expenses related to projects to make sure they are according to the business needs and the vendors selected are the best option according to prices and services received. Provides timely warnings to other departments in case something is not fed properly in the system, there is something that is should be considered, or if there is a pending action.
- Provide clear and useful KPIs and reports that promote visibility on the financial performance of projects and provides and analysis of their elements.
- Promote a robust, clear, and transparent workflow for all the accounting transactions originated in the operation and for the reporting of project’s financial performance. Ensure high controls, security, clean accounting, automated processes, and the ability to provide clear and accurate information in each stage of the Project’s Module.
- Support the Oracle Fusion’s implementation for the Projects Module in LA, ensuring consistency with the statutory and business requirements. Also ensures the efficient integration with the other SAS systems and tools.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Administration.
- Courses, certifications and diploma in Taxes, Accounting, Controlling, Project Management, Finance, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting and related areas
- Experience in ERPs implementation and handling, preferable in Oracle Fusion
- Experience working for Corporations
- Experience or knowledge as a Project Manager
- ERP handling, preferable Oracle Fusion’s Project’s Module
- High accounting skills. At least 5 years of experience in accounting related activities that involve deep analysis.
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Preferrable Master/Post-graduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Administration, Projects, etc.]
- Preferable Training in Oracle Fusion / Oracle ERP
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to understand internal customer’s requirements and with business vision
- Sense of urgency and experience working in the business operation
- Demonstrated ability to relate technical concepts to applications and user needs
- Interpersonal and negotiation abilities
- High communication skills with the ability to present and sell ideas
- Ability to anticipate and provide timely warnings
- Strong ethics and firm in convictions, even under pressure
- Curious mind and promoter of constant innovation
- Availability to travel (not frequently)
- Self-disciplined and able to work remotely
- Determines methods, procedures and best practices on new assignments and can coordinate activities with the teammates and direct reports.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.