What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing US Financial Services Division as a Senior Sales Manager. We are specifically looking for proven sales leaders with experience selling into the Financial Services space. We’re seeking someone who is customer-obsessed and ready to walk into a room backed by 40+ years of analytics innovation to help clients solve their most pressing business challenges. We need someone who is passionate about building authentic relationships with our prospective and current Financial Services accounts. We’re seeking a problem-solver, disruptor, and someone who is ready to drive sales of our software products, solutions, and services.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of Account Executives
- Hire and develop Account Executives
- Engage with our customers and own executive relationships
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets and objectives
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business plan
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with Partners to extend reach and drive adoption
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, Telcom or another relevant field
- At least twelve (12) years of sales experience, including five (5) years in a leaderships role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry and two (2) years in a formal management role.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully achieving assigned business targets and objectives
- Experience leading a team of quota carrying technology Account Executives or experience leading large account teams that sell to large Banks and Financial accounts in the US (Tier 1 operators)
- Experience successfully building and executing go-to market plans for large Banking and Financial accounts
- Experience building C-level relationships
Other knowledge, skills, abilities, and requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware, software, and industry focused solutions for the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of corporate software or hardware acquisition cycles
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
- A deft communicator, with clear oral and written communication skills
- Travel up to 50%, or as business needs require
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
- All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
- In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.