Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Revenue Recognition Accountant to design best practices around SAS' Lead to Cash process in order to become IPO ready.
- In this role, you will provide leadership in the development and improvement of accounting policy, operational process effectiveness, and internal control environment related to the revenue recognition process
- Oversee the month and quarter-end revenue close processes; continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the close processes
- Provide support for internal and enterprise-wide project initiatives, including participation in defining requirements, design, testing, and the related change management
- Evaluate current revenue process, accounting, systems and procedures to identify scalable alternatives for improvement
- Assist in preparation of revenue audit packages necessary for auditors to complete their quarterly and year-end audit selections
- Develop standard account reconciliations in conjunction with global month-end close activities, maintaining proper internal control documentation
- Identify areas of process improvement and develop proposed changes to current procedures to improve efficiencies and controls
- Collaborate with Legal, Sales, and Finance teams to provide sound technical accounting guidance on non-standard agreements and new revenue streams.
- Review, research, determine, and document the accounting implications of complex revenue transactions
- Perform technical research and consult with management to ensure adherence to revenue policies
- Identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations
- Proactively communicate and overcome barriers to deliver expected outcomes
- Participate in special projects and lead-to-cash initiatives including system implementation
What we’re looking for
- Five or more years of progressive experience working in public accounting firm or combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 (IFRS 15) as it relates to the technology industry
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- licensed CPA
- Previous experience working in a Big Four or national public accounting firm or combination of public accounting and industry experience
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrated experience working with global teams
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to effectively document, write, present, and engage appropriately, from individual-contributor to executive-leadership levels across all international subsidiaries and stakeholders
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams to achieve successful outcomes
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.