Customer Success Renewal Specialist, US Remote
Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence - and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you're looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you'll find it here.
About the job
The Customer Success Renewal Specialist is responsible for the on-time renegotiation and execution of renewals processes and contracts and for supporting SAS’s customer retention and renewal strategies.
CS Renewal Specialist will be owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts in an assigned territory. They are responsible for creating strategic partnerships with internal stakeholders such as Sales and Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to secure every renewal. They are responsible for minimizing financial attrition, locking in the most favorable terms, identifying growth opportunities, and passing insights back to the business.
As a Customer Success Renewal Specialist, you will:
- Serve as primary contact to develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for medium to large account contract renewals that optimize contract terms while protecting and enhancing customer trust. Own, drive and manage the renewals process in collaboration with the account team.
- Ensure successful and on-time renewals for the account prior to the contract end date and executing all renewal back-end work in a timely manner for the assigned customer base.
- Present renewal proposal(s) and options to customer and notify customer of upcoming contract expiration.
- Partner with Account Executives/CSMs/ Enterprise Negotiations, Licensing Operations and Sales Operations to fully understand and develop a clear renewal strategy for each customer based on data driven decisions.
- Provide rapid, focused response to customer and CSM requests including via sales processing procedures (COMMIT).
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure.
- Secure and validate renewal orders, driving maximum renewal and up-selling from the install base which includes confirming the delivery of quote to partners/end customer and facilitate the order Processing and approval of Purchase orders.
- Engage, as required, with the supporting functional teams to resolve issues raised by customers related to their sales deeds.
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement and escalate as required.
- Accurately maintain/update a rolling 120 day forecast of renewals in your territory and ensuring any uncovered risk is clearly communicated to develop resolution strategies.
- Follow and adhere to best practices for all internal processes including Opportunity Management, Data Quality, Quoting and Forecasting.
- Engage in strategic account planning with key stakeholders across the business to ensure accountability across teams. Act as a Renewals brand ambassador.
- Collaborate with internal resources such as Competitive Intelligence, Pricing, Product Management, Customer Success, Account Executives, Legal, and Sales and Revenue Operations to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies for a seamless customer experience & to resolve complex issues.
- Adopt new initiatives and programs pro-actively and act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other members of the extended team.
- Identify customer needs and demonstrate account management capabilities to guide renewal closure.
- Connect with customers on multi-year contracts to ensure continued engagement and customer value realization.
- Partner with our Customer Success organization to review customer value achievement to achieve customer product adoption and high use.
- May be involved in increasing renewal revenue at each stage of the customer journey working with a cross-functional SAS team.
- Promotes value proposition of upgrades (up-sell/cross-sell opportunities) and renewals to maximize return on SAS’s products and solutions.
- Pro-actively identify customer needs and refer to CS Manager/Sales Manager /Account Manager for follow-up.
- Good understanding of SaaS/subscription-based renewals models, application, and sales techniques.
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills that allow for value-based contract negotiations at the CXO level, involving multi-year contract as well.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- An experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Strong customer communication skills for renewal conflict resolution
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS (Computer Sciences) or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in a Sales Management, Renewal Account Management or Licensing Operations, or Customer Success capacity. Strong focus on negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge of SAS products, solutions and services, cloud technologies preferred.
- Strong process management, financial acumen, and adherence to policy
- Experience with enterprise CRM applications.
- Experience leading customer retention and adoption of a SaaS product for complex accounts/territories.
- Stays abreast of related industry trends and technologies.
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental and vision plans with a low annual deductible and copays.
- Onsite Health Care Center (HQ) that’s free to employees and covered family members.
- Onsite pharmacy (HQ) where a 30-day supply of any generic drug costs $5 or less. Not local? They ship for free.
- An industry-leading 401k plan.
- Generous time away including vacation time, a variety of paid holidays, and our much-loved U.S. Winter Wellness Break between December 25 and January 1.
- Volunteer Time Off, parental leave and unlimited paid sick days.
- Generous childcare benefits for all full-time employees.
Diverse and Inclusive
At SAS, it’s not about fitting into our culture – it’s about adding to it. We believe our people make the difference. Our diverse workforce brings together unique talents and inspires teams to create amazing software that reflects the diversity of our users and customers. Our commitment to diversity is a priority to our leadership, all the way up to the top; and it’s essential to who we are. To put it plainly: you are welcome here.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact Recruitingsupport@sas.com.