Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence – and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you’ll find it here.
About the job
The Go Libraries Team will be dedicated to managing, optimizing, and expanding the use of shared and third-party Go libraries within our platform. Our mission is to ensure that our Go libraries are a strong, secure, and evolving foundation for our platform's development, empowering our teams to create exceptional solutions. This role will oversee and lead all development efforts related to the Go based libraries supported by Platform services.
As a Senior Manager, Platform Services Go Libraries, you will:
- Organizes, develops, prioritizes and assigns resources to deliver high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines, while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Leads development project designs and enforces technical standards to ensure solutions execute correctly across various supported environments (i.e. browsers, devices, operating systems).
- Proactively leads and solicits the involvement of other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Manages and leads project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and alerts executive management and stakeholders of concerns meeting schedules, while following established R&D standards.
- Manages product quality standards by ensuring functional, unit and performance testing is comprehensive and thorough; works closely with development and testing teams to verify test plans. Organizes, prioritizes and assigns resources to implement and resolve code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintains accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Ensures the veracity of design and technical documentation to satisfy both internal and external consumers.
- Contributes to product or project direction through collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customers, and others within SAS.
- Provides technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Manages all aspects of the department including teamwork, performance management, feedback, professional growth through collaboration with SAS human resources, SAS education and executive leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, preferably computer science, math, or statistics.
- Requires a minimum of twelve years of related programming or testing experience, including three years of project lead, supervisory or management experience. Twelve years of professional programming or testing experience may be considered in lieu of previous management experience.
- Strong people leadership skills with a demonstrated record of building high trust, high performing teams
- Deep understanding of Agile practices and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong knowledge in related programming languages, operating systems, development tools, procedures and methodologies applicable to current projects
- Ability to lead, manage and communicate goals to employees
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to lead multiple high-priority projects concurrently and adapt to changing priorities, projects, and deadlines
- An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
- Knowledge of Viya 4 Architecture.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching team members.
- Experience in client or stakeholder interaction, understanding their needs, and incorporating feedback into the development process.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams, including developers, QA engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Background in software development with a solid understanding of programming languages, development frameworks, and architecture.
- Experience in the adoption and implementation of agile best practices within a team or organization.
- Familiarity with key agile metrics and the ability to use them for team improvement.
- Our Recreation and Fitness center offers recorded fitness classes to help you fit movement into your day.
- Your well-being matters, and that’s why we support all dimensions of your well-being by offering programs that reduce stress and distractions to help you remain healthy and productive.
- Fantastic medical benefit offerings and 401k options
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process