JMP, a subsidiary of SAS, is committed to empowering scientists and engineers via our world-class family of statistical software products. For over 30 years, JMP has enabled customers to speed new drugs to market, to design better products and processes, and to figure out how to restore ecosystems. Advancements are made when brilliant people use JMP statistical discovery software to see what they’ve not seen before. If you are a problem solver, a connector, and someone who enjoys helping others, then you might just be the next person to join this dynamic, growing, and global team.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a Program Manager to help manage the development and implementation process of JMP DevOps R&D programs involving departmental or cross-functional teams from inception through delivery. The focus is on helping coordinate technical DevOps projects, programs and processes that are connected to internal tooling used in support of JMP software release processes. You will need to be familiar with all aspects of the software development and testing process, as well as the downstream activities involved in producing customer-ready software products – documentation, localization, and software deployment. You must have the ability to develop partnerships with people and teams involved in various aspects of delivering software to customers around the world.
- Develop and manage strategic plans for both JMP DevOps development projects and cross-functional initiatives within JMP Development that impact DevOps teams’ work. Communicate strategic intentions to all supporting project teams and ensure alignment of the project teams to the program-level goals.
- Organize stakeholder meetings to discuss new JMP development initiatives that impact DevOps groups and scope out details of impact prior to development work starting. Track progress and hold regular status meetings with DevOps managers and team members. Gather requirements and information, develop project plans and document status reports in Confluence, and enter new issues in Jira to capture required work.
- Assist in planning for major tooling transitions undertaken by DevOps development teams, including coordinating timing and implementation of software and hardware changes. E.g., an upcoming documentation authoring software transition and associated revision of the documentation production pipeline. Also, significant ongoing work to shift Windows DevOps infrastructure and tooling pipelines into AWS.
- Organize and document frequent team and small group meetings. Facilitate improvements in the use of agile practices within DevOps groups by coaching managers and other development staff. Facilitate group retrospectives.
- Assist in organizing aspects of the JMP release process that influence DevOps team workloads and make recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with DevOps team managers (documentation, localization, testing, tooling) to maintain and connect networks of Jira issues that support JMP feature release processes and plans.
- Communicate milestone date reminders to JMP development. Assist in adjusting release milestone dates as needed to accommodate changing demands.
- Review existing feature-related processes and early adopter program components with product management each cycle. Collaborate with development, DevOps and product management to implement improvements to the EA schedule and delivery process.
- Near the end of a release cycle, assist in reviewing the remaining Jira backlog and collaborate with developers and testers to triage items for future releases and resolve outstanding items no longer needed.
- Plan, prioritize, implement and adjust delivery schedule, scope, resourcing, and quality, based on individual program requirements and ongoing consultation with program stakeholders.
- Negotiate resource needs and coordinate resources across business and technical groups for DevOps program including both domestic and international resources.
- Coordinate, communicate, and facilitate activities between team members and stakeholders to keep program on schedule and manage conflict. Coordinate risk mitigation activity and escalate as appropriate. Manage program scope and expectations. Identify and constructively negotiate conflict or areas of high risk.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience leading large, complex projects in either a project or program management role.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodology and experience leading scrums, team meetings and retrospectives.
- Extensive experience using Jira and Confluence to organize software release processes.
- Experience with Jenkins, AWS, Perforce and oXygen preferred.
- Experience leading teams, managing business relationships, and presenting to executives.
- Excellent organization, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to conceptualize stakeholder needs and translate them into implementation strategies.
- Resolves problems with minimal management assistance; escalates appropriately.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of five years of related project/program/product management or consulting experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
- Work location: Cary, NC preferred
JMP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. JMP employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, JMP may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. JMP collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid JMP job openings are located on the Careers page at www.jmp.com. JMP only sends emails from verified “jmp.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of JMP, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.