Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence – and questions into answers.We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you’ll find it here.
About the job
The Stateful Services Team will be focused on the management, optimization, and reliability of the stateful services (pets) in Viya. They will ensure the secure, performant, and resilient operation of these critical services, providing a solid foundation for our platform's stateful requirements. This role will oversee and lead all development efforts related to the stateful services supported by Platform services, including maintaining our current containerized 'pets' in Kubernetes and transitioning towards cloud-native alternatives for future deployments.
As a Platform Stateful Services Senior Manager, you will:
- Organize, develop, prioritize, and assign resources to deliver high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines, while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Lead development project designs and enforce technical standards to ensure solutions execute correctly across various supported environments (i.e. browsers, devices, operating systems).
- Proactively lead and solicit the involvement of other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Manage and lead project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of individual tasks and alerts executive management and stakeholders of concerns meeting schedules, while following established R&D standards.
- Manage product quality standards by ensuring functional, unit and performance testing is comprehensive and thorough; works closely with development and testing teams to verify test plans.
- Organize, prioritize, and assign resources to implement and resolve code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintain accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Ensure the veracity of design and technical documentation to satisfy both internal and external consumers.
- Contribute to product or project direction through collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customers, and others within SAS.
- Provide technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Manage all aspects of the department including teamwork, performance management, feedback, professional growth through collaboration with SAS human resources, SAS education and executive leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, preferably computer science, math, or statistics.
- Requires a minimum of twelve years of related programming or testing experience, including three years of project lead, supervisory or management experience. Twelve years of professional programming or testing experience may be considered in lieu of previous management experience.
- Strong people leadership skills with a demonstrated record of building high trust, high performing teams
- Deep understanding of Agile practices and continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying and implementing cloud-native stateful services"
- Our Recreation and Fitness center offers recorded fitness classes to help you fit movement into your day.
- Your well-being matters, and that’s why we support all dimensions of your well-being by offering programs that reduce stress and distractions to help you remain healthy and productive.
- Fantastic medical benefit offerings and 401k options
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process