SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
The Principal Industry Consultant provides strategic support to SAS Sales in achieving revenue targets and to Solution implementation by providing industry/business domain and public policy expertise; developing an industry/business domain viewpoint on SAS Offerings and their alignment to public policy goals, along with appropriate representation of that vision to clients; and providing strategic guidance to the Sales Vertical go-to-market plans.
The Principal Industry Consultant’s responsibility is to teach and educate clients about the power of SAS solutions, compare and contrast competitor products, and demonstrate SAS superiority over competitor offerings. The Principal Industry Consultant must articulate SAS capabilities, but most importantly must translate how SAS will uniquely position clients for a variety of functional and operational benefits including accomplishment of desired policy outcomes and program effectiveness.
The successful candidate would be one who has the expert skills and high level experience in Medicaid/Healthcare, can communicate well, and the ability to help clients in solving complex big data analytics problems. Someone who is easy to work with and has a passion for helping clients solve complex problems, providing strategic guidance, advisement and directives to internal and external stakeholders, in addition to executing on certain functions directly, recognizing the importance of serving as an industry/domain expert in a support role.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators, customers, delivery team, and others to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers including strategic high level influencers, policymakers, and decision-makers.
- Provide business process improvement observations.
- Participate in recurring validation of project progress and requirements.
- Facilitate the delivery of solution value to the customer, facilitating customer preparedness, training, deployment and value/ROI measurement.
- Provides strategic guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders to develop quality analytics to help drive improved outcomes.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support and on industry focused account strategies. Support the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops industry specific sales strategy Medicaid that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key data management and analytics partner to include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This strategy will address what solutions are best suited for client; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events.
- May prepare and deliver presentations to customers at the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Facilitates key customer workshops to educate and inform customer of SAS capabilities.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Some travel required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline
- Requires 8 (or more) years of experience working in the State or Local Government industry with direct Medicaid experience, experience facilitating large government programs with multi-agency coordination or supporting sales efforts for complex integrated systems focused on Medicaid
- Experience presenting to government leaders and elected officials
- Experience with policy at the federal, state or local level
- Work location: Any Major US City
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Good project management and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with Medicaid
- Ability to relate current industry issues and trends to SAS offerings
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.