SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems using SAS? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your analytic skills across a wide variety of industries? The SAS Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL) is seeking talented individuals to help our customers bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they need.
As a member of the SAS Advanced Analytics Lab (AAL), you will support customer analytic business needs through requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation. Your duties will include analyzing large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency, translating business requirements into analytic methods, building analytic models, and presenting results. Your duties will also include automating analytic processes, developing and enhancing custom software tools, assisting in quality assurance efforts for all AAL projects, and other duties as assigned.
Required Technical Experience and Education Level:
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- At least 5 years of experience in advanced data analysis or analytical consulting/data modeling in a specific domain (Financial/Banking preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience programming in the SAS System
Additional Aptitude and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve customers' complex business problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques
- Familiarity with data mining approaches
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to work independently and with a team environment.
- Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities
- Ability to travel as business requirements dictate, up to 25%
Preferred Experience, Knowledge or Education Level:
- Analytical Consulting experience in Fraud or the Financial/Banking Domain (Highly Preferred)
- Experience with health care claims data, public or private.
- Ph.D. degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- Experience with Link or Social Network Analysis
- Experience with analytic approaches related to fraud detection
- Experience in industry or government, especially fraud detection
- Industry or academic experience in mathematical/statistical modeling, pattern recognition, or data mining/data analysis.
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Miner and Text Miner software
- Experience with SAS ETS and SAS Forecast Studio
- Experience with probabilistic linkage of large data sets
- Willing to relocate or currently located in the Cary, NC area
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.