SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
Primary Location: Tallahassee, FL
As a SAS Solutions OnDemand Business Analyst, you have the opportunity to start projects off in the right direction. Using your listening skills, you will be
responsible for learning everything the customer's subject matter experts can dish out to you. Understanding fully their business problem, you will then use your extraordinary translation abilities to document and disseminate this information into requirements then work with the technical team to derive proposed solutions as well as with the QA staff on testing plans to ensure that the result meets the intended purpose.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of projects.
- Elicit, identify, validate and prioritize the business requirements.
- Analyze and assess current processes to define and document improvements.
- Create functional requirements and document use cases.
- Develop business requirement documentation for projects.
- Contribute to project plans.
- Recommend method and procedural changes for software solutions and also business process adoption.
- Interact with internal staff, clients/customers and collaborators across departments or functional teams.
- Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Review and verify testing processes and test cases.
- Develop and document best practices and operational procedures
Qualifications - Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in gathering business requirements, developing process flows and documenting use cases to support the achievement of strategic goals.
- Expertise in translating business processes into documentation and incorporating technical solutions to improve workflows.
- Experience with complete software development life cycle.
- Experience designing and reviewing test cases.
- Demonstrated ability coordinating communication between business & technical resources.
- Prior experience working with State & Local Governments
- 3+ years working on technical solution implementations
- Knowledge of SAS solution capabilities specific to ETL processing and Data Integration.
- Strong SAS programming skills + ETL and Data Integration experience
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
- Experience with and strong understanding of various technologies and platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical mindset
- Attention to detail and accuracy Additional Information:
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn