SAS is seeking a Head of Compensation and Benefits (C&B) Center of Expertise (CoE) for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global C&B (located in Cary, NC, US). You will be a member of our Global Rewards team responsible for the strategic design of global rewards programs that allow SAS to attract, engage and retain top talent. You will lead a team responsible for the implementation, communication and administration of rewards activities for the EMEA region. As a strategic partner to the larger EMEA HR organization, this role will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the North and South EMEA HR Senior Directors.
As a member of the Global Rewards team, you will develop and maintain strong relationships with business leadership teams and key internal stakeholders such as HR Business Partners (HRBP), Talent Acquisition (TA), Organizational Effectiveness & Development (OE&D), HR People Systems, Finance, Tax and Legal.
The ideal candidate will have proven expertise in creating and delivering rewards strategies and programs that are aligned to global HR and company objectives while focusing on the optimal balance of employee value, employer cost, and risk management.
Currently seeking candidates across the EMEA region.
- Manage the coordination of SAS’ annual salary and bonus process, including performance-based salary increases and incentive compensation.
- Manage accurate salary classification and compensation programs.
- Provide support and guidance to HRBPs, TA, and managers on compensation issues, including proposed salary increases and job offers, to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation policies and guidelines.
- Monitor existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures, and recommend changes that are cost effective and consistent with market trends and company objectives.
- Conduct job benchmarking and market analysis evaluations to determine appropriate salary grades and job levels.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the preparation and maintenance of accurate, up-to-date job descriptions.
- Partner with HRIS team to ensure salary and incentive data is accurately reflected.
- Prepare data for compensation surveys, download reports from survey vendors, and conduct appropriate analyses on the data.
- Create and deliver compensation training to HR and management teams.
- Conduct market analysis to support the design, development and implementation of local and regional programs including health, wellness, retirement, time off and other perquisite programs.
- Analyze current programs, policies and market trends to identify gaps in benefits and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Implement and manage wellness initiatives.
- Manage global insurance programs, multinational pooling and global brokerage arrangements.
- Provide oversight and compliance for global retirement plans, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive communication strategies for global C&B programs, policies and procedures.
- Manage cross border/international assignments.
- Establish and maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points to ensure compliance with legislative regulations, internal standards and processes.
- Development, implement and maintain C&B policies.
- Manage C&B regional budget.
- Ensure company compliance with laws governing C&B programs and practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability working in a fast-paced and evolving organization.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to apply those skills to align with the critical priorities of the business. Must be able to think beyond financial and economic drivers in order to create a C&B strategy (programs/policies) that will attract, retain, and motivate key talent.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to navigate across business units in a large organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and discuss complex information to a diverse audience in a way that persuades others and enhances understanding.
- Proven ability to partner, build, and sustain positive working relationships with internal and external groups and stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of global compensation administration practices, job evaluation techniques, salary surveys, related regulations and data interpretation.
- Sound business and financial acumen including deep understanding of tax, accounting, legal, and regulatory issues related to C&B programs
- Strong working knowledge of worldwide C&B regulations, market trends, and program design.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage.
Demonstrates leadership competencies in the following areas:
- Creating a Culture of Trust - Fostering a work environment that encourages people to act with integrity and treat each other and their ideas with respect.
- Strategic Planning - Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal.
- Leading Change - Driving organizational and cultural changes needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Global Perspective - Demonstrating awareness of and sensitivity to the international market, cultural, technological, political, and legal factors that impact individual and work group priorities and results.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Typically requires twelve or more years of progressive global C&B experience, preferably in the technology sector for the EMEA region.
- Five years of experience in a leadership role including two years in a formal management role.
- Experience advising and consulting on Works Council issues.
- Experience using HR information systems, preferably Workday.
- Work location in EMEA.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
- Required regionally and globally based on business need.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn