As a Development Tester, you will work to support initiatives in the SAS Solutions OnDemand division. The Development Tester applies software quality assurance and engineering expertise to assure quality throughout the life cycle of SAS hosted and SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions. This includes software testing, as well as the definition of appropriate test strategies and test plans. Responsibilities will include the following:
• Define, document and execute test plans and procedures
• Design, develop and execute test programs that evaluate the quality of SAS system code written to provide solutions for customers
• Perform verification and QA of algorithms, data sets and reports used in creating and/or analyzing customer data
• Verify data back loads to ensure: all dates accounted for, data is accurate and reports accurately reflect data
• Identify system defects and makes recommendations for resolution
• Work with developers, analysts, and project managers to identify and mitigate risks to quality
• Design, Develop and Optimize test scripts using standard test automation tools
• Programming, scripting, and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field
• 1-2 years of programming experience
• 1 year experience with data querying and reporting
Additional Knowledge to perform job duties:
• Ability to work in a dynamic and high-energy team environment
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
• Solid debugging skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Proven record of increasing responsibilities
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Readiness to 15% travel annually
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field
• Experience using SAS Business Intelligence Architecture and SAS version 9 solutions
• Experience with SAS Macro programming, SQL and data step processing
• Experience with multiple operating systems, including Windows servers and Linux/UNIX servers, and networking systems.
• Strong knowledge of system architecture and installations of SAS products on multi-tier servers.
• Experience developing automation code for end-to-end use case test cases in languages such as Python, Jython, Ruby, C# or Java.
• Experience creating and maintaining web automation tests.
• Innovative test professional with hands-on testing experience, coding/scripting, test planning, test design and documentation.
• Experience with reviewing requirements and developing manual and automated test cases based on those requirement
• Analytical and/or report-writing programming experience
• Experience in QA or development testing
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.