As an Associate Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with consultants from across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for implementing projects using a wide array of SAS software. You will work with leading edge software, tools, and resources to develop solutions that address our customers’ computing challenges.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Professional Services, you’ll attend a 16 week technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and implement software to meet the complexing computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Consultant to provide consulting services to clients, including solution development and software implementation at customer sites. You may also assist sales teams with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working and collaborating with others on consulting projects and special projects.
• Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
• Understanding, utilizing and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
• Installing SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
• Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
• Leveraging detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative field.
• Academic or work experience with C, Java or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
• Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
• Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
• Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Travel internally and domestically as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
• Knowledge of software development life cycles.
• Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
• Experience programming with the SAS language.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
• Preferred location – Cary, N.C.
**This is an entry-level position. If you are being considered, please note that you will need to provide a copy of your academic transcript. **