As a Senior Account Executive at SAS, you will be responsible for the sale of SAS software products, solutions and services to current and prospective clients primarily in the upper mid-west region. This is a highly strategic position where your responsibilities will include working with and leading other sales, services, and support personnel to position SAS solutions with clients in the retail sector.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers
- Implements strategies for territory and account planning, management and development to identify accounts with high "close" potential
- Works with other sales personnel to position SAS solutions to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territory
- Prospects within each client in the territory to uncover the client’s business needs that SAS can satisfy and fulfills a wide range of requests for information from prospective customers.
- Qualifies each opportunity to determine SAS’ goodness of fit, the client’s readiness to purchase, and the probability of successfully closing each opportunity
- Develops an in depth understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures
- Prepares standard quotations and proposals; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for the provision of professional services and training
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in direct sales, marketing, or technical sales support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware
- Ability to travel as much as 70% or as business needs require
- Work location: Chicago, IL
- Experience in and knowledge of complex technology solution sales; knowledge of software and/or hardware acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan at both the territory and individual client level
- General understanding of business, analytical, and technical concepts with the ability to communicate and relate SAS’ capabilities to client needs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Significant experience selling software solutions into the retail industry is preferred
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn