Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We’re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
Do you enjoy empowering individuals to achieve their goals? Do you like being on the cutting edge of new technology? Does developing web pages, videos, and more interest you? Then SAS Publications is the fit for you. You’ll work with experienced technical communications experts and learn how to develop and deliver information resources that guide customers to success using SAS software.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Publications, you’ll attend a 16 week technical training program. This intense technical onboarding program prepares recent college graduates for a career as technical writers within SAS Publications. You'll be immersed in core SAS technologies, as well as new and emerging technologies. This is accomplished through classroom-based training, real world case studies, and subject matter mentoring. You'll also have the opportunity to complete the program with multiple professional SAS certification credentials. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve six professional SAS certifications.
- Develops clear, accurate and concise information assets, following all writing guidelines consistently and effectively. Information assets include usage, programming reference, administration guides, online Help, embedded user assistance, and videos. Writing guidelines include standard rules of grammar, modular writing techniques, content models, and corporate style/editorial guidelines.
- Describes complex technical subjects in ways that are easy to understand. Develops effective illustrations and other visual aids to clarify complex topics. Develops examples that reflect real-world application of the software product.
- Organizes and presents information to maximize usability by target personas.
- Works effectively with product development teams (including software developers, product managers, and technical support analysts) to gather needed inputs, communicate status to all stakeholders, and produce deliverables that meet targets for quality and timeliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of technical writing principles, conventions, and document processes.
- Excellent project management, research, planning, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, and to apply standard rules of grammar.
- Ability to design and organize content.
- Ability to develop examples of high complexity that demonstrate understanding of software applications and business domains.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to perform software installs appropriate to assignments.
- Ability to use productivity software tools effectively.
- Ability to work as a team member; ability to serve as an expert in a field or technical or business domain.
- Good organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Technical Writing, Economics, Business, Education, Communications, English, or similar.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
- Experience with hardware environments supported by SAS software.
- Project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Experience programming with the SAS language.
- Preferred location – Cary, NC.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products, and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn?